- Post in the correct forum
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Be Respectful
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning
- Offensive material
- Members should remember this site is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Write in English
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Bandwidth theft
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Write normally
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Topic titles
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic.
- The PJ staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to the staff and not users.
- Private messaging
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging
- Members are restricted to 1 account. Anyone found to be using more than 1 account will be given a chance to explain; if no valid reason is given, all accounts will be deleted.
Accounts with offensive usernames will be deleted without warning
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image. Image must be of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Animated images are not allowed. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. You may not link to warez, porn, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels square, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of staff), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability otherwise these will be removed. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth
- Free speech
- This site was created with the intention that we might discuss Jiu Jitsu and other matters freely and openly. However, this does not mean that you can post anything you want. Anything you post most comply with the Rules set out above, and in extreme cases may be subject to editing/censoring.
- Content may be censored/altered/deleted, as appropriate, if it is:
* deliberately misleading
* negatively inflammatory
- 3 strikes
- PJ operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact an admin. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account
- Permanent bans
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While the staff may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence