Mobile access

A temporary place to showcase the new features of the site, and some guides on using the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Mobile access

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:12 pm | #1

I've elected not to create a full mobile version of PJ; opting instead to support a couple of apps that you can use on your smartphone.

Tapatalk
Supported devices: iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia

Forum Runner
Supported devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

Both of these apps are available in free and paid versions; the free versions being read-only, and with fewer features. Whilst these apps only give access to the core forum features (topics, PMs, search), they do provide very streamlined, efficient browsing.

You can, of course, always access the full site with your mobile web browser. This is actually the only way to access all of the areas of the site; journals, arcade, articles etc.
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Mobile access

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 pm | #2

As a fAndroid, I have not been able to test the Forum Runner app. If someone could try it, and let us know what it's like, that'd be cosmic.

I can say that Tapatalk works very nicely on Android though. Just search for "Jitsu" and you'll find us; PJ was the only result returned when I searched.
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mad Dog » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm | #3

cant seem to find it on my blacberry.. any clues (apart from give the blackbrry to someone who knows what they are doing) :oops:
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.

Fall down 7 times, get up eight.

Goshin Ju Jitsu Ryu & The Combat Academy

http://www.jitsu.org.uk
http://www.jitsukit.co.uk
Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm | #4

Can't find the app, or PJ once you're in the app?
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Postby captaintau » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm | #5

Tried Forum Runner but don't like. No option for viewing unread posts. [ PJ ] works fine in full version on my iPhone over WiFi.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 pm | #6

captaintau wrote:Tried Forum Runner but don't like. No option for viewing unread posts.

Tapatalk has an unread posts view :)
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Postby Mad Dog » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 am | #7

had a really good search on my blackberry through all the obv apps sports and social networking and cant find a thing :( (apart from MMA!)

OK, figured it out.. use your balckberry browser to go to http://tapatalk.com/bb and downlaod from there.. great now i can bore you lot with my exploits at the world championships.. lol
Last edited by Mad Dog on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.

Fall down 7 times, get up eight.

Goshin Ju Jitsu Ryu & The Combat Academy

http://www.jitsu.org.uk
http://www.jitsukit.co.uk
Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby jitsukat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm | #8

Jitsufreak wrote:I can say that Tapatalk works very nicely on Android though. Just search for "Jitsu" and you'll find us; PJ was the only result returned when I searched.

I tried this (android - Hero) and it worked fine for reading the forum on the demo version.  But then it wouldn't let me post without buying the £2.99 full version.

Understandable, I guess, but frustrating!
The rose is the freedom of the rose tree
jitsukat None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:17 am | #9

I got tapatalk on my BB storm 2 and am having issues with it crashing on me. Any ideas?
Keep passing the open windows!
Blackbelt007 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sensei_amh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 pm | #10

I use tapatalk on my Android HTC Desire.

I have to say, it really is worth however much it cost (bought it back in December). Everything's laid out nicely, new posts and topics are shown first.....once you get to grips with it its really handy.

The only trouble with it is that there's no access to Journals. But even so, I prefer browsing PJ through tapatalk tbh  :D
sensei_amh Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 pm | #11

Works fine on my Nokia E63 without adding anything.

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Showcase

Signup