tony BEBBINGTON

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: more info

Postby kempo-kid » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 am | #46

tony bebbington wrote:Could you leave more info on your seminar best wishes anthony bebbington


With pleasure :)

BEDFORD INNER CIRCLE ACADEMY OF MARTIAL ARTS

PROUDLY PRESENTS  


SUPER SEMINAR 2007


FEBRUARY 3RD AND 4TH


3RD FEB ROSI SEXTON MMA cage fighting champion
 
4TH FEB ANTONY PILLAGE OCFM and BCA senior coach

£35 for the weekend or £20 per day

email info@bicama.freeserve.co.uk for more info or to book a place

Below is a map to the venue

Image

KK :twisted:
User avatar
kempo-kid None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Bedford
Karma: 3

Postby OneDragons » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm | #47

You mean your hosting a seminar KK? Wow you kept that quiet! :lol:
The many within One!

Image

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
User avatar
OneDragons None specified
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Huddersfield
Karma: 6

Postby kempo-kid » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:19 pm | #48

OneDragons wrote:You mean your hosting a seminar KK? Wow you kept that quiet! :lol:


I did, didn't I :lol:

KK :twisted:
User avatar
kempo-kid None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Bedford
Karma: 3

tony bebbington

Postby JackTBJIT » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 pm | #49

Hes not 3rd dan hes 6th he teaches me  :)
JackTBJIT None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Karma: 0

Postby Gra » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:11 am | #50

Splinter wrote: if were going back to 16th C then we are talking Tachenuchi Ryu, I would think that the style hasnt changed very much in all that time, but what they teach is the use of 1 human body against another, sometimes involving big sticks, or small sticks , or pointy things or chain type things or a combination of the above.
Human bodies are still pretty much the same.
and a pointy thing is still a pointy thing and a big stick is still a big stick.
They definately train in an "alive" manner, there is always stuff new students need to learn, and contuinuing to practise will always lead to improvement.

Dont know what thier view on firearms is, maybe a koryu person could comment ?


I do koryu bujutsu, Takeuchi ryu in fact, it's not all applicable to 21st centaury street fighting. But that's not really the point. Most modern martial arts students never get into street fights. They also learn techniques that they know aren’t street practical, but train anyway because they enjoy it.

Koryu may look like battle renactment, but the techniques can actually be very powerful and brutal. Plus there is more to it than the techniques. But you would need to train for a while to appreciate those aspects.

Gra
http://abritinecuador.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Gra None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Ecuador
Karma: 0

Postby Splinter » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 pm | #51

Gra wrote:
Splinter wrote: if were going back to 16th C then we are talking Tachenuchi Ryu, I would think that the style hasnt changed very much in all that time, but what they teach is the use of 1 human body against another, sometimes involving big sticks, or small sticks , or pointy things or chain type things or a combination of the above.
Human bodies are still pretty much the same.
and a pointy thing is still a pointy thing and a big stick is still a big stick.
They definately train in an "alive" manner, there is always stuff new students need to learn, and contuinuing to practise will always lead to improvement.

Dont know what thier view on firearms is, maybe a koryu person could comment ?


I do koryu bujutsu, Takeuchi ryu in fact, it's not all applicable to 21st centaury street fighting. But that's not really the point. Most modern martial arts students never get into street fights. They also learn techniques that they know aren’t street practical, but train anyway because they enjoy it.

Koryu may look like battle renactment, but the techniques can actually be very powerful and brutal. Plus there is more to it than the techniques. But you would need to train for a while to appreciate those aspects.

Gra


You training with Anna ?

I would disagree about it not being applicable.  the common elements of tai sabaki from all the weapons and unarmed work are core to self defence regardless of the arena.   I would expect student of true koryu to be as adept at not getting hurt as any modern style student.
Sensei Spooky
User avatar
Splinter None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Bristol
Karma: 0

Postby Gra » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 pm | #52

Splinter wrote:
You training with Anna ?

I would disagree about it not being applicable.  the common elements of tai sabaki from all the weapons and unarmed work are core to self defence regardless of the arena.   I would expect student of true koryu to be as adept at not getting hurt as any modern style student.


Yes, at her Shoufukandojo in Yorkshire.
http://abritinecuador.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Gra None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Ecuador
Karma: 0

Postby Splinter » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 pm | #53

Gra wrote:
Splinter wrote:
You training with Anna ?

I would disagree about it not being applicable.  the common elements of tai sabaki from all the weapons and unarmed work are core to self defence regardless of the arena.   I would expect student of true koryu to be as adept at not getting hurt as any modern style student.


Yes, at her Shoufukandojo in Yorkshire.

Do we have a :jealous: smiley ?...seems we do

would love to join but from bristol and back isnt realistic on a school night
Sensei Spooky
User avatar
Splinter None specified
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Bristol
Karma: 0

Re: tony bebbington

Postby captaintau » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm | #54

tony bebbington wrote:Hi everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Anthony Bebbington and I am a full time ju-jitsu instructor in Liverpool. It has gracefully been pointed out that my martial arts lineage is dubious and that maybe I have underlying motives to my claims. Lets clear a few things up. Firstly my club has not been associated with rod sachornoski for many years. The details I produced for my website were taken from paper work I received when I inherited Norris Green Ju-Jitsu club. I was interested in finding were my ju-jitsu had come from. After many years of training I now know my Ju-Jitsu comes from within. I have been taught a system of ju-jitsu from William Parker (6th Dan) who I believe to be one of the most genuine people I have ever met and I plan to spend the rest of my life dedicated to perfecting what I have learned. I make no claims of being anything that I am not and would ask any person to come and train with me before they make any assumptions about my own cred ability. I am now a 5th Dan in ju-jitsu and look to train with any instructor I believe can improve my martial arts. Some of these people you may of heard, Geof Thompson, Peter Constantine, Mo Teague, Royce Gracie, Rolker Gracie, Robyn Gracie, Freddie Sukata, Mario Sukata. I am a blue belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu under Royce Gracie and a purple belt under Mario Sukata. I am also employed by Liverpool city council as a ju jitsu instructor. I have noticed that many people who were gladly talking about me don't even leave their full names in their profile. I believe if you have something to say be proud and let yourself be known. Anybody in the Liverpool area wanting to make their own mind up , please feel free to come and have a free lesson. Anybody else who believer's they can enlighten my ju jitsu path please get in touch. Thanks Anthony Bebbington.


Bit of thread necromancy.

I happened to be googling and looking up Mr Bebbington's web site for interest as I have trained with him. PlanetJitsu was one of the top results.

I have no problem with calling out McDojos (I've been very vocal in my views of Go Kan Ryu) but I think if we're going to do that then it's only right that we acknowledge genuine folks who have come into question.

I've had the pleasure of training with Mr Bebbington twice, both times at the Way of the Spiritual Warrior dojo in Coventry in seminar with Royce Gracie. As of April this year he
holds Brown in BJJ. I know nothing of his history otherwise and in honesty I'm not all that bothered. I'm hardly a BJJ expert but Mr Bebbington is, as far as I can tell, a genuine Martial Artist. I would have no problem being taught by him again.
User avatar
captaintau Male
Genre Definer
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Worcester
Karma: 41

Previous

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup

cron