UKJJA / UKJJAI

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

UKJJA / UKJJAI

Postby Genghis » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:00 pm | #1

Just out of interest - I'm working abroad at the moment but have wrangled an invitation to train with the local Jiu Jitsu club who are affiliated to the UK JJ Association.  From their website and a couple of exchanged emails they seem friendly and sensible enough - but does anybody here have any opinions of them before I pitch up?

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OneDragons » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:08 pm | #2

Never heard of them.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
OneDragons None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm | #3

Indeed, that was my reaction.

http://www.ukjjai.com/index2.html

No idea what I'll find - but whilst small and obscure with perhaps an overly ambitious name, I can't see any reason why I shouldn't enjoy a night of Jiu Jitsu with them.

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:01 am | #4

Allan Tattersall the head guy I ahve trained with on a couple of occasions and he is ok. I havent seen any of his dan grades in action so cant comment but he knows his stuff.
Keep passing the open windows!
Blackbelt007 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Goshin Ju-Jitsu Spain » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:34 pm | #5

Allan Tattersall is an extremely well known and highly respected Martial Artist who holds Very high Dan Grades in Ju-Jitsu, AIkido, and /Iaido.

Last time I checked he was still listed as the official representative of DNBK (Dai Nippon Buto Kukai) for the whole of Europe and he personally is well worth training with.  

I havent trained with Alans guys for a number of years now but always remember them to be pretty damn good.  

Given the chance I would train at his clubs with no second thoughts.
Goshin Ju-Jitsu Spain None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:43 pm | #6

Sounds like a good recommendation then.

I look forward to hopefully a good evening's training on Wednesday.

G

Genghis None specified

Postby Ronin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 am | #7

I trained in Iaido with Alan a few years ago, he was a very interesting guy.  No idea what his Jiu Jitsu instructors are like, but his main Iaido guy was also an instructor for Shito Ryu Karate who was excellent to train with.  Alan has lots of quite strong opinions and ideas, he seems to know everyone and also seems to have been everywhere!  I quite liked him but never saw him teaching Jiu Jitsu.  He certainly didn't seem to be the sort of person who would have dangerous instructors under his umbrella.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Ronin None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm | #8

Well that was enjoyable, if slightly odd.

I turned up, said hello, as did they - all very friendly.  We warmed up - all very conventional.

Then the sensei, a shodan, turned to me, bowed, and asked since I outranked him if I'd like to do some teaching.  So, it rather turned into a mini kempo seminar!

However, nice people, certainly seemed to be very competent - and I'm going back next week when hopefully I'll get to learn more of their stuff.

G

Genghis None specified

Postby Goober » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:34 am | #9

Genghis wrote:Then the sensei, a shodan, turned to me, bowed, and asked since I outranked him if I'd like to do some teaching.  So, it rather turned into a mini kempo seminar!

Very odd for a first session, I'd have wanted to get to know you a bit better before letting you loose on my students!
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Postby Genghis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:53 am | #10

Goober wrote:
Genghis wrote:Then the sensei, a shodan, turned to me, bowed, and asked since I outranked him if I'd like to do some teaching.  So, it rather turned into a mini kempo seminar!

Very odd for a first session, I'd have wanted to get to know you a bit better before letting you loose on my students!

Agreed - not something I'd normally do myself, but on the grounds that I trust me, and I used him as my uke so he saw everything I was going to do first hand, I felt comfortable.  

G

Genghis None specified

Postby kempo-kid » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:23 pm | #11

On another note you class was fun to teach last weekend and they all really enjoyed it, although a bit worried about TJ as he wasnt me to kick or hit him in his nuts all the  time :lol:

KK :twisted:
kempo-kid None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am | #12

Many thanks for doing that KK, I really appreciate the support you often give us as a club.

G

Genghis None specified

[(- Live College Football Free <*)]+.Watch.Maryland Vs Minne

Postby Bobbylal » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 am | #13

<center><b>[(->Hd!^<+)] Watch Maryland Vs Minnesota Online Live Online Online Live College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Scores</b><hr>================><<><><><><><><><><><><><><==============<b>Watch 2017 College Football Live Stream Free</b>================><<><><><><><><><><><><><><==============
Streaming Link----<h2 id><a href="http://watchmtv.co/ncaa?=ncaafootballstream">[ *** CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE NOW! *** ]</a></h2>

<hr><strong>NCAA Football Scores - CBSSports.com</strong>
Visit the official site of Maryland Terrapins Athletics. The most comprehensive coverage of the Maryland Terps available anywhere.

<strong>College Football - Home  NCAA.com</strong>
Maryland Terrapins college football news, scores, stats and standings provided by CBSS.

<strong>NCAA Football Scores - CBSSports.com</strong>
Find NCAA FBS College Football Live Stream scores, schedules, rankings, brackets, stats, video, news, championships, and more.

<strong>Maryland Terrapins Athletics - University of Maryland ...</strong>
Official website for NCAA sports news. News, articles, scores, brackets, venues, history, photos, team capsules.

<strong>College football - Wikipedia</strong>
The Official site of the Terrapins with press releases, scores, season previews and player profiles.

<strong>NCAA Football Scores - CBSS</strong>
Live college football scores and postgame recaps. ...  2004-2017 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc ...
Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Streaming, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u>, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> streaming, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> score, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> online, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> feed, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> stream free, watch UM Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> vs Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u>, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> rating, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Stream Saturday Evening NCAA College, <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> AM College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Typical Time Preview & Score, what time do Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> play Saturday evening, when is the Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> next game, channel for Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> game today, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> what time do the Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> play today, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> schedule, what time do the Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> play on thanksgiving, what time do the Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> play, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> schedule 2017, what channel does the Missouri play on tonight, The TV Channels broadcast <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> streaming AM College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Routine Period online : ESP3, BTN, ESPU, VERS, FSN, TMTN, Free Pay Per View Stream, NBC, CBSC, FCS, ESP2, CBS, FOX, NBC, Fox and so many. So You can see the <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> streaming online games, free TV channel laptop, PC, Mobile, Desktop, Computer etc. so enjoy it Watch Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Stream, Watch <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Stream Sport and Television online on your pc and mobile. Watch Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Mobile Stream, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Streaming, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u>, Watch Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Online, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Stream, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  vs Missouri Free Stream, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Routine Period Free, <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> UK streaming in HD Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> video stream Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on XBOX ONE NCAA College National College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Traditional Season College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Traditional Period 2017 <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on XBOX 360, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on Android phone, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  vs Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on tablet, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on Apple TV, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on iPad 2, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on iPhone, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on iPod touch, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on PS3, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on PS4, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  vs Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on PLAYSTATION, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  vs Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on PlayStationVita, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on ROKU, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on Sony smart TVs, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on Sony smart Blu-ray Disc, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> in HD, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> NCAA College National College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Routine Season <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u>, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Consistent Time 2017, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Game Online, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> NCAA College Frequent Season, Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Game Free, Watch Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> NCAA College, National College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Traditional Season, How to Watch Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u>, NCAA College Normal Year 2017 Match Online ? If you can not follow the Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> Live College Football Live Stream Stream Free  Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> game <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on your TV do not worry you can still watch the 2017 Time Games Online from your PC TV Look at the link and you are entitled to access to this great NCAA College Normal Year 2017 match. watch and enjoy Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> game <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> on your PC TV, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> streaming NCAA College, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> stream game, UM Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> vs Watch <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> streaming game on any online device, Stream <b><u>Maryland Vs Minnesota</u></b> <u><b>Live Online Free</b></u> stream Saturday night NCAA College on online TV Channel.<b>Live Stream Maryland Vs Minnesota Live Online College Football Live Stream Live Online Free Live Streaming Free</b></center>
Bobbylal None specified

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup