History of British Jujitsu

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: History of British Jujitsu

Postby Dave Baker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:15 pm | #46

Very interesting read :-)
Lots of info that i was unaware of :-)
Dave Baker Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re:

Postby nry » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:28 pm | #47

seisen wrote:re Hontai yoshin ryu.

yes, there was an intial visit, by wjjf to japan, but the relationship was completely distoreted, lots of press intrest at the times with an article in time out and the times i belive, garner thomson was ajourlinst in london at the time, and knows most of the story, subsquently, inoue sensei came to london to do a course with mike mclure, and if i recall presure point attended this course, circa 1990-93?, and then wkf was formed with kai sensei as the figure head, he fell out with wkf, and also came to london as the guest of dave reubens i think.

If I'm recalling things correctly, there was some 'recruitment' of non-HYR dan grades from other styles in an attempt to spread HYR to other countries, this may be part of this mixed up HYR/WJJF involvement from the 90's...
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup