Blitz Shuurai Judogi

Anyone here seen one/ owns one

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Blitz Shuurai Judogi

Postby Blackbelt007 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:20 am | #1

Bltiz (my supplier of choice) has now discontinued their Gold and Olympian judogi and replaced it with Shuurai gi's. I dont know if these are any good so dont want to reccomend them to my students yet. Anyone experience one of these yet?

http://www.blitzsport.com/Brands/Shuurai
Keep passing the open windows!
Blackbelt007 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Blitz Shuurai Judogi

Postby JitsuJin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm | #2

No experience of them personally, though I am a bit miffed they've discontinued what in my opinion were probably the two best judogis they stocked. The olympian was epic, someone at our club got one. He found it a bit heavy though.
JitsuJin Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:46 am | #3

I've had a olympian for 15 years and it has been superb (still is my favourite Gi!) the collar is a bit ropey but still gorgeous and comfy. I have a handful of students turning senior all wanting a proper gi and cant reccomend one I havent tried and dont really have the cash to buy one just to compare.
Blackbelt007 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dojojojo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm | #4

I have the contest kit, the one with the red logo, i have to say its excellant, i also have an olympian which ive had for years though its a bit frayed here and there, though still very nice,  which is one of the reasons i tried the shuurai, i would happily reccomend them.
dojojojo None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 pm | #5

Worth the price tag then? Even with a trade account they are double their predecessors. Are they double in value?
Blackbelt007 Male

Postby OneDragons » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm | #6

I blame BJJ gis. They were sold at much higher prices and people bought them. Now the traditional manufacturers are realising there isn't much difference between a judo gi (which they have been selling) and a BJJ one (imported from wherever) and so can wack a bigger price tag on.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
OneDragons None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:18 pm | #7

Doesn't stop them having cheaper alternatives though:-

http://www.blitzsport.com/Adult-Gold-Heavyweight-Judo-Suit?sc=8&category=80840
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:20 pm | #8

thats the one they have discontinued (see original post)
Blackbelt007 Male

Postby Hirsty » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm | #9

OneDragons wrote:I blame BJJ gis. They were sold at much higher prices and people bought them. Now the traditional manufacturers are realising there isn't much difference between a judo gi (which they have been selling) and a BJJ one (imported from wherever) and so can wack a bigger price tag on.

I know it is crazy.  Hopefully one company will break the mould and sell both Judo and BJJ gis for the old Judo gi prices undercutting the competition.  Hopefully then the others will fall into line.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 am | #10

Blackbelt007 wrote:thats the one they have discontinued (see original post)

silly me :-)  there's still plenty of places online you can find a gi under £30 though.
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Postby Blackbelt007 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am | #11

It's not about a cheap Gi but one of known quality. I know the blitz gi's so can happilty recomend them to my students. I wanted to know if the shuurai gi;s are worth the price tag as a replacement to the ones I know.
Blackbelt007 Male

Postby OneDragons » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm | #12

Yes you can get £30 gis but they aren't going to be the best.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:41 pm | #13

It is a bit concerning, especially since you can get an Adidas gi for a similar price (which I would recommend).
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dojojojo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:23 pm | #14

Blackbelt007 wrote:Worth the price tag then? Even with a trade account they are double their predecessors. Are they double in value?

Its a better quality kit than the Olympian, i have a couple of Mizuno Kits as well and the Shuurai is about comparible, a little softer cotton so more comfortable, and just enough room under the arms where the Mizuno's are a bit tighter. Over the last 30 years i've been through all the named brands, and this is as good as any.
dojojojo None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OneDragons » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm | #15

Anyone any experience on fighting films judo gis?
The many within One!

Next

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup