Blitz Shuurai Judogi

Anyone here seen one/ owns one

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Blitz Shuurai Judogi

Postby ToffeeApple » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am | #16

Seeing as the price of BJJ gis came up I thought I'd add my 2c.  Strikefightwear have flogged their gis at cut prices twice now to my knowledge - once around christmas and once at the start of the year, in order to make room for a new one.  (They've only been around for half a year or so.)  A friend got a couple and didn't complain, so I got a couple and they've held up well so far.  1 of them is very thin, so I expect some tearing down the line, but I have never even seen a judogi that can be compared to it.
Postmodernism has a lot going for it on the internet.  Â¿Por qué no te callas?
ToffeeApple Male
Citizen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blackbelt007 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 am | #17

A few mates have them and they are lovely. Really sturdy collars that make gripping a bitch and very comfortable and hard wearing. With a suitable price tag for such awesomeness!
Keep passing the open windows!
Blackbelt007 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 pm | #18

Unfortunately their website is down.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nikeid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 am | #19

Hi there,
im thinking about shuurai competition gi and im not sure about the sizes. Im 182cm tall, 69kgs, pretty thin figure .... i guess the 180 is not for me, as it would probably shrink at least 1 inch .. is it so?

so it is 185 vs 190 .. i heard that the xx5 (185 e.g.) are wider cuts, so they're not longer than xx0 (180 e.g.), but are a bit more baggy .. but i guess the 185 is not the right choice for me, because it wouldnt fit as well as the xx0 (180, 190), as im pretty thin ..

but im also afraid that the 190 will be tooo long (especially the part BELOW the belt), and also a bit more baggy as it's simply bigger size than 180 ..

im really not sure about that ... the easiest choice would be 180, but im afraid it will shrink and will be too short; im also afraid 185 will be too baggy for me, 190 too long and baggy for me

and advice? thanks
nikeid None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:44 pm | #20

If they're sized like anything I've tried, with a height of around 185cm, I find any gi above 170cm size is way too wide and baggy and too long in the arm for me, and I'm a similar build.
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nikeid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:54 pm | #21

so what do you advise? that i should buy 170(or 175) and it wont be short for me?
nikeid None specified

Postby Fluffy_the_happy_lobster » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:57 pm | #22

Could you try and mix and match? Better (smaller) jacket and then bigger trousers? I think nine circles used to offer that type of deal, or you could just buy separate trousers. They are not usually expensive.
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

Martial arts, self defence and jiu jitsu in Bedford and Huntingdon - www.jitsu.me
Fluffy_the_happy_lobster None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am | #23

Most should also offer an exchange service, Nine Circles swapped my recent order over quickly enough.
nry Male

Postby nikeid » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am | #24

i measured my current gi (expecially length of sleeves, length of the jacket itself and width between arm pits - these are the main measurment) - and it turned out 185 to be the best choice .. especially because of length of the jacket, 'cause i have 94 now and 185 is 90, so these 4 cm are pretty much what i'd want the jacket to be shorter of .. also length of the sleeves is appropriate and width as well, so length of the jacket just gave me the result, i just cant have anything shorter .. and if the trousers are too wide, i'll just take it to a tailor to have it altered to my figure
nikeid None specified

Previous

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup