I think that getting the results from a grading that you've worked hard for are all up there in the list of contenders and are so obvious that I'm not including them in this list.
For me some of the things that things that stand out (in no particular order) are
- Summer Gassaku training in France (organised by FTHL of this parish). - a great experience for a yellow belt where I discovered, that Martial Arts can be about friendship, camaraderie, and all round good fun, that instructors are real people, as well as great training and learning cool techniques.
- Stepping onto the mat for the first time as an instructor at my own (new) club
- Being asked (as a brown belt) for technical advice by someone who I greatly respect (2nd Dan) at an instructors only session - and realising that you never stop learning and that humility and courtesy are key to what we do. (A real Eureka moment)
- Meeting some of the members of this forum at the Bedford RIver Festival and being made welcome.
- The terror of having FTHL stand a number of paces behind me and hewing the words - don't turn round and prepare to defend yourself……….. he then proceeded to run at me, use one of the UKe's as a spring board and then jumped on my back…..
- The humour of being attacked with a broom (again by FTHL) at the RIver Festival