The Tesco test

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Tesco test

Postby Simon Keegan » Fri May 31, 2013 3:37 pm | #16

This is a great video (nothing to do with me) that illustrates some excellent Tai Chi techniques. If you can't listen to the audio, the story is that the Tai Chi instructor was missing an "uke" so an MMA fighter offered to help with his demo. Both men came across very well - the Tai Chi teacher as a good martial artist with excellent control and the MMA fighter as someone comfortable enough with his own abilities as to allow himself to be used as an uke for a fellow martial artist. I suspect many MMAists would not allow themselves to take falls for a Tai Chi teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIb9TWy-78
Simon Keegan None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm | #17

Good watch, cheers for pointing it out!

The more I see of this type of thing (both in JJ training and elsewhere), it is becomes very obvious which styles/arts understand body mechanics and which don't.
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BrassMan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 pm | #18

The comments on videos like that are always worth a quick skim.
"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."
BrassMan None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup