Looking for Training Partner, South London

Training/Development

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for Training Partner, South London

Postby AdamJuJitsu79 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm | #1

Hi

I moved to London in September from the East Midlands where my club is. I intend to grade for my 1st dan in September and I am looking for a training partner in the Clapham, south London area to meet and train once a week for 1-1.30mins.

Have tried different clubs but often limited to repeating basics, or adapting techniques from own club. Looking for partner to share knowledge and be able to practise techniques from own syllabus and provide same service for training partner.

I have studied martial arts for 20+ years, Goshin Ju Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, Krav Maga and others. Always looking to improve and learn. Would look to train outdoors and utilise the summer weather.

If interested please get in touch.

Thanks.
AdamJuJitsu79 None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Looking for Training Partner, South London

Postby Genghis » Thu May 30, 2013 10:54 am | #2

I run a small Kempo Jiu Jitsu club in High Wycombe, which would be about 90 minutes by train from Clapham.

My senior student is shooting for 1st kyu this winter, and would really benefit also from somebody of a similar level to train with.  We train Monday evenings.  You'd be very welcome to come and train with us, and if you're both doing good training and getting benefits from it, I'd be happy to allow a fair bit of lattitude - plus I have an attitude of "if another club's technique is good, steal it".  Drop me a line if you'd like a chat.

Not to say that a certain amount of time on the basics isn't also good for all of us.  We tend to run basics for the first hour, advanced stuff for the second.

(Also by all means "like" our facebook page "Bucks Kempo" and ask the question there.  Plenty of open air training spots down our way and a few senior grades from other local JJ clubs also read our facebook page.)

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Looking for Training Partner, South London

Postby BrassMan » Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 pm | #3

London should have nearly everything. Probably not what you are looking for, but the Battersea Bartitsu club looks like fun and there is sword fighting on Hampstead Heath (IIRC) on many saturdays.

http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/2011/ ... london-uk/
"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."
BrassMan None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup