Kick Ass Kung Fu - anyone else watch it?

Have a jitsu related question? Get a jitsu related answer here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kick Ass Kung Fu - anyone else watch it?

Postby nry » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:59 am | #1

Should have posted when it started as the series has now ended, but I found it a reasonable watch - I'd have liked to see more Kung Fu myself, but overall I agree with the concept that martial arts has the ability to alter peoples lives.
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Kick Ass Kung Fu - anyone else watch it?

Postby OneDragons » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:10 pm | #2

Was good, I thought the girl who backed out on cutting her hair should of been sent back and someone else sent in her place.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
OneDragons None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:54 pm | #3

I didn't know it was on.  I'll have to watch it on catch up.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:51 pm | #4

Watched it when it started but don't now as it is just the same every week, plus the guy doing it annoys me as he can't even speak properly.

Agree with Onedragon about the girl, that was a right cop out, she have been on the first place home if it was down to me.
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:34 am | #5

I concur it was very similar each week, but the further in you got, the more little titbits of Kung Fu were shown.  What I found interesting was spotting similarities between Kung Fu and other martial arts which retain both the history of use in wars/battles etc. and have not moved towards a sporting goal in the 'modern world'.
nry Male

Return to General Jitsu Discussions

Signup