Hosting

Official [ planet jitsu ] news & announcements

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Only staff can create new topics in this forum. Everyone can reply to these topics though.

Hosting

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 am | #1

The hosting service is up for renewal and I'm thinking of shopping around for a better deal.

Question is, am I going to piss people off too much with the unavoidable downtime required to transfer everything between servers, and having the domain repointed?
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hosting

Postby nry » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am | #2

A better deal is worth the downtime.
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jitsufreak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm | #3

If it helps, I'll attempt to release some updated code at the same time ;)
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OneDragons » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:50 pm | #4

Make sure everyone knows ahead of time when and how long. Then keep to the time scale.

Can't really complain at that.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
OneDragons None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 pm | #5

Why not announce it as a re-launch.  It might bring a few people onside / back onside?

Given how quiet it's been lately, that would be no bad thing.

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kunoichi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 am | #6

[DELETED AFTER LOOKING AT DATES AND MORE RECENT POSTS]
kunoichi None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timothy H » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:23 am | #7

Jitsufreak wrote:The hosting service is up for renewal and I'm thinking of shopping around for a better deal.

Question is, am I going to piss people off too much with the unavoidable downtime required to transfer everything between servers, and having the domain repointed?

I am wondering what hosting service you are using and what the best deal you found was. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Timothy - I have been shopping around for web hosting here: http://www.thedigest.com/Best-Business-Web-Hosting
Timothy H None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jitsufreak » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am | #8

We went with A Small Orange

I have absolutely no complaints. They're friendly, professional and came highly recommended.
Jitsufreak Male
Founder

Return to Site News

Signup