Why dive out of wrist locks?

Discussion on anything to do with training, techniques, etiquette, philosophy etc..

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why dive out of wrist locks?

Postby Hirsty » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 pm | #286

Genghis wrote:
Hirsty wrote:Which brewery is it?  I thought I was the only black belt brewer here!


I'm  a proper amateur brewer, preserving the purity of my brewing by not taking money for it, and only sharing my harvest mild with a select few students.  You full-timers letting anybody drink your beer have turned your back on the true spirit of amateur brewing, have prostituted your art for popularity and money, and aren't proper brewers any more.

G  :twisted:


I hate to admit it, but you do have a valid point.  I am a beer whore.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
User avatar
Hirsty Male
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Perth, Scotland
Karma: 6

Re: Why dive out of wrist locks?

Postby Nazareth » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 pm | #287

Genghis wrote:I'm  a proper amateur brewer, preserving the purity of my brewing by not taking money for it, and only sharing my harvest mild with a select few students.  You full-timers letting anybody drink your beer have turned your back on the true spirit of amateur brewing, have prostituted your art for popularity and money, and aren't proper brewers any more.


:o:

:clap:
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 

Re: Why dive out of wrist locks?

Postby Hirsty » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 pm | #288

Hirsty wrote:
Genghis wrote:
Hirsty wrote:Which brewery is it?  I thought I was the only black belt brewer here!


I'm  a proper amateur brewer, preserving the purity of my brewing by not taking money for it, and only sharing my harvest mild with a select few students.  You full-timers letting anybody drink your beer have turned your back on the true spirit of amateur brewing, have prostituted your art for popularity and money, and aren't proper brewers any more.

G  :twisted:


I hate to admit it, but you do have a valid point.  I am a beer whore.


I was thinking of creating BKR (Beer Keg pRoductions).  It would be a pyramid scheme where I would sell my wares door to door.  Once my students have brewed once they would be sent out to start another BKR club and go door to door recruiting.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
User avatar
Hirsty Male
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Perth, Scotland
Karma: 6

Re: Why dive out of wrist locks?

Postby OneDragons » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:21 am | #289

Hirsty wrote:I was thinking of creating BKR (Beer Keg pRoductions).  It would be a pyramid scheme where I would sell my wares door to door.  Once my students have brewed once they would be sent out to start another BKR club and go door to door recruiting.


Nice! :lol:

But you should advertise it as alcohol free beer to draw in those who would not normally consider beer (perhaps later in their brewing career they may, or may not consider alcohol containing beer), also the lack of alcohol could bring in whole families to the club.
The many within One!

Image

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
User avatar
OneDragons None specified
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Location: Huddersfield
Karma: 6

Previous

Return to Technical Jiu Jitsu

Signup

cron