Highbury, five years and counting.

Announcements and reviews of the latest courses within the world of Jiu Jitsu.

Moderator: Moderators

Highbury, five years and counting.

Postby KroSha » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am | #1

Gods, is it really 5 years?

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a celebration to mark the chunk of my life that's been devoted to this club. To this end, there's a month of Guest Instructors lined up.

9th June; Ian Sillitoe (SP). Frikking awesome Shodan, who gets more like Steve D every year.
16th June; Simon Hewings (Nidan). Famous for his humour and ability maul Blue belts.
23rd June; James Garvey (Nidan). I've persuaded him to teach Juniors. It wasn't easy.
30th June; UKR (TBC).  I'm hoping the big man can make it down, as I haven't had any of his very special Jitsu Love for a long time....

If any of you bunch would like to come and have some fun, you'll be very welcome. Details are available at the Club Website. If you don't have a current TJF license, then please let me know beforehand so I can arrange paperwork.
"Fool, haven't you realised yet? There is nothing that can't be beaten in, or out of you." - UKR
"A warrior's greatest weapons are mental and physical agility, coupled with adaptibility."
It comes in pints?!?
KroSha Male
Hobbit Hardcase

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Highbury, five years and counting.

Postby GingerNinja » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm | #2

KroSha wrote:Gods, is it really 5 years?

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a celebration to mark the chunk of my life that's been devoted to this club. To this end, there's a month of Guest Instructors lined up.

9th June; Ian Sillitoe (SP). Frikking awesome Shodan, who gets more like Steve D every year.
16th June; Simon Hewings (Nidan). Famous for his humour and ability maul Blue belts.
23rd June; James Garvey (Nidan). I've persuaded him to teach Juniors. It wasn't easy.
30th June; UKR (TBC).  I'm hoping the big man can make it down, as I haven't had any of his very special Jitsu Love for a long time....

If any of you bunch would like to come and have some fun, you'll be very welcome. Details are available at the Club Website. If you don't have a current TJF license, then please let me know beforehand so I can arrange paperwork.

How on EARTH did you persuade James to teach kids? How will you rein in his innuendo?
GingerNinja

Postby KroSha » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:58 pm | #3

Like I said, it wasn't easy. But he's agreed and I've promised to protect him from them. Come to the session, then you can laugh at him as he has to reconsider every other sentence.
"Fool, haven't you realised yet? There is nothing that can't be beaten in, or out of you." - UKR
"A warrior's greatest weapons are mental and physical agility, coupled with adaptibility."
It comes in pints?!?
KroSha Male
Hobbit Hardcase

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GingerNinja » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm | #4

KroSha wrote:Like I said, it wasn't easy. But he's agreed and I've promised to protect him from them. Come to the session, then you can laugh at him as he has to reconsider every other sentence.

I know you've told me a million times, but what time's the junior class? My attendance is VERY work dependent.
GingerNinja

Re: Highbury, five years and counting.

Postby KroSha » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm | #5

KroSha wrote:Details are available at the Club Website.

Kids 6-7.30pm
Adults 7.30-9pm

Come for the adult session, but just turn up a little early to snigger at the side.

P.S. Yes, I know the news page is out of date. I'll get to it tonight.
It comes in pints?!?
KroSha Male
Hobbit Hardcase

Postby SAK85 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 pm | #6

Ah! Should be fun seeing the guests instructors at the club this month. Looks like I finally have a month off uki-ing!!! YAH!!!!!
SAK85 Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KroSha » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm | #7

Check the description for Simon on the club site.... :twisted:
It comes in pints?!?
KroSha Male
Hobbit Hardcase

Return to Courses & Events

Signup