Women Fighters please - England Sport Ju Jitsu Squad

Announcements and reviews of the latest courses within the world of Jiu Jitsu.

Moderator: Moderators

Women Fighters please - England Sport Ju Jitsu Squad

Postby Mad Dog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 am | #1

The next training session for the England Sport Ju Jitsu Squad is at the AMA HQ Dojo, Bury on the 18th of July 12-3pm.

This will be final selections for the squad for the World Championships in Las Vegas in Sept 20-28th and we are currently short of one female fighter to make up the womens team! so if you have a sport Ju Jitsu background or like sparring please contact me and I will let you know all the details.
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.

Fall down 7 times, get up eight.

Goshin Ju Jitsu Ryu & The Combat Academy

http://www.jitsu.org.uk
http://www.jitsukit.co.uk
Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jitsonic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:50 pm | #2

ohhhhh, GREMLIN?
Jitsonic

Postby Splinter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm | #3

as far as Gremlins concerned -> been there - done that, got the T-shirt.

Id say more for Katherine, Gingerninja, any one welese?
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:08 pm | #4

Sadly Katharine can't make it - she's getting married the day before! :(
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ukronin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 pm | #5

Nazareth wrote:Sadly Katharine can't make it - she's getting married the day before! :(

I don't know, if I had a pound for everytime somebody had used that excuse. No commitment.  :D
Don't let your life pass you by, STOP, enjoy life, love and friendship.

Proud member of the British Kempo Society.

Club Instructor Northampton Jitsu Club, England
www.northamptonjitsuclub.co.uk
ukronin None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kempo-kid » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:57 pm | #6

Hmm, what weight class are you looking for?

KK :twisted:
kempo-kid None specified

Postby Mad Dog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:01 pm | #7

we have a few fighters at 55-65kg so above 65kg would be good  :)

Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:37 pm | #8

ukronin wrote:
Nazareth wrote:Sadly Katharine can't make it - she's getting married the day before! :(

I don't know, if I had a pound for everytime somebody had used that excuse. No commitment.  :D

I was all up for training on the morning of my wedding. It just really wasn't worth it.  :hide:
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Katharine » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 pm | #9

I'll fight down to 54kg, so I'm the wrong weight anyway. Out of curiosity - is it full contact and do you wear gi?

I'd struggle to fit training on the morning of my wedding in with all the bloody hair and makeup!
Katharine None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ukronin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 am | #10

Katharine wrote:I'll fight down to 54kg, so I'm the wrong weight anyway. Out of curiosity - is it full contact and do you wear gi?

I'd struggle to fit training on the morning of my wedding in with all the bloody hair and makeup!

Yeh, but what a wedding photo  :D
Don't let your life pass you by, STOP, enjoy life, love and friendship.

Proud member of the British Kempo Society.

Club Instructor Northampton Jitsu Club, England
www.northamptonjitsuclub.co.uk
ukronin None specified

Postby Mad Dog » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am | #11

Katharine wrote:I'll fight down to 54kg, so I'm the wrong weight anyway. Out of curiosity - is it full contact and do you wear gi?

This one is sports Ju Jitsu so in a gi and light contact..

so more like the hen night than the wedding day..

Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Postby Splinter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 pm | #12

When did anyone mention weights ?

Some how I see any one trying o get you into a dress, make up and do your hair is in for a no holds barred full contact scrum.

BTW Congratulations - assume my invite got lost in the post  :D
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby Pocahontas » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:22 pm | #13

When did anyone mention weights ?

Here! :D

Mad Dog wrote:we have a few fighters at 55-65kg so above 65kg would be good  :)
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
DIET AND EXERCISE BLOG: http://nopain-nojane.blogspot.com/
Pocahontas None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Katharine » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 pm | #14

Splinter wrote:When did anyone mention weights ?

Some how I see any one trying o get you into a dress, make up and do your hair is in for a no holds barred full contact scrum.

BTW Congratulations - assume my invite got lost in the post  :D

Thanks, congratulations to you too.  :D  You're both more than welcome to come to the evening reception next Saturday, if you think it's worth the drive to Cornwall!
Katharine None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Courses & Events

Signup