Royce Gracie Seminar 30th May Andover Hants

Announcements and reviews of the latest courses within the world of Jiu Jitsu.

Moderator: Moderators

Royce Gracie Seminar 30th May Andover Hants

Postby Mad Dog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:07 pm | #1

To celebrate my 30 years of Ju Jitsu Training (how I fitted that in when I'm only 25 I dont know.. :wink: ) I am inviting you, your club, colleagues etc to a once in a life time Royce Gracie Seminar.

DATE - 30 May 2011 (Bank Holiday Monday)
SEMINAR TIME - 1.00pm - 2.30pm
AUTOGRAPHS/PHOTOS - 2.30pm - 3.00pm
VENUE - Andover Leisure Centre, West Street, Andover, Hampshire SP10 1QP
PRICE - NOW £60/Person-  includes a signed photo of you with Royce Gracie (probably worth more than the cost of the seminar)
Spectators £10/Person

This offer is a first come first served basis and we are asking for a non-refundable deposit of £30/person to guarantee your places!!

A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY OF ROYCE GRACIE:

Royce Gracie is the sixth son of Grand Master Helio Gracie. He received his blue belt at age 16 and was promoted to black belt in less than two years. Royce moved to the United States at age 18 to live with his brother, Rorion, and quickly adapted to the schedule of teaching private classes out of their garage, sometimes for more than ten hours a day. In 1989, Rorion, Royce, Rickson, and Royler established the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California.

In 1993, Rorion created the Ultimate Fighting Championship® and selected Royce to represent the family. At 6’1” and only 178 lbs., he was the smallest fighter in the tournament. However, Royce shocked the world by defeating three opponents in the same night to become the first ever UFC champion. His victory proved, once and for all, that leverage and technique can overcome size and strength.

Always outweighed by his opponents, Royce went on to win three UFC titles. Until today, he is the only man in the no-holds-barred fighting world to have successfully defeated four opponents in one night.

His largest opponent to date was Sumo Grand Champion Akebono at 6'8" tall and weighing 486lbs. In the main event of the K-1 Premium Dynamite New Years Eve show on December 31, 2008, Royce defeated the giant in 2 minutes and 13 seconds with a shoulder lock. Royce's success opened the eyes of the few remaining disbelievers to the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu against larger opponents. In November 2003, Royce Gracie was the first fighter to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame along with fellow UFC veteran Ken Shamrock.

If you have any questions regarding this seminar or to book your places please do not hesitate to contact me on any of the following:

info@jitsu.org.uk
01264 339572
Tickets can be booked online at http://jitsukit.co.uk/Products/195-royce-gracie-seminar-tickets.aspx
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.

Fall down 7 times, get up eight.

Goshin Ju Jitsu Ryu & The Combat Academy

http://www.jitsu.org.uk
http://www.jitsukit.co.uk
Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Royce Gracie Seminar 30th May Andover Hants

Postby captaintau » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm | #2

I may well be up for this. Thanks, Mad Dog
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mad Dog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 pm | #3

No problems you are welcome, he is only in the UK once a year at most and only does 1 week of Seminars so I was very lucky to book him.. and the day after my birthday too :D
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.

Fall down 7 times, get up eight.

Goshin Ju Jitsu Ryu & The Combat Academy

http://www.jitsu.org.uk
http://www.jitsukit.co.uk
Mad Dog Male
Kyouken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 pm | #4

Mad Dog wrote:No problems you are welcome, he is only in the UK once a year at most and only does 1 week of Seminars so I was very lucky to book him.. and the day after my birthday too :D

It seems to be the done thing these days. Royce did a tour last year. I managed to catch The Iceman in Coventry. I couldn't afford the time or cost of Wanderlei when he came around recently. I'm looking to catch Ken Shamrock in Huddersfield.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Matt NZ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 am | #5

captaintau wrote:...Royce did a tour last year. I managed to catch The Iceman in Coventry. I couldn't afford the time or cost of Wanderlei when he came around recently. I'm looking to catch Ken Shamrock in Huddersfield...

:mrgreen: Im incredibly envious of you chaps!  We dont get that sort of opportunity in NZ...Very lucky indeed
Matt NZ None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am | #6

I'll be in the UK from May 27th and would really like to make this - sadly I haven't a clue how to send you £30 from India :(

Dammit, I speak Portuguese and everything!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 am | #7

Nazareth wrote:I'll be in the UK from May 27th and would really like to make this - sadly I haven't a clue how to send you £30 from India :(

PayPal?
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby Nazareth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am | #8

My cards don't work here :(
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 am | #9

OK, what I'll do then is when I get my arse together and send off my deposit (though there's no guarantee that I won't be working that day) I'll send yours too, Nazareth. Is that a plan?
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby Nazareth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am | #10

captaintau wrote:OK, what I'll do then is when I get my arse together and send off my deposit (though there's no guarantee that I won't be working that day) I'll send yours too, Nazareth. Is that a plan?

That's... very generous. Yes please :o:

:rei:

I guess I'll see you in Andover then! :bounce:
George Bernard Shaw

Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Postby captaintau » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:01 am | #11

Nazareth wrote:I guess I'll see you in Andover then! :bounce:

IF I'm there (which I very much hope to be).

BTW, do you know where Andover is, Nazareth?  :?
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby Nazareth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am | #12

captaintau wrote:
Nazareth wrote:I guess I'll see you in Andover then! :bounce:

IF I'm there (which I very much hope to be).

BTW, do you know where Andover is, Nazareth?  :?

I do now :D
George Bernard Shaw

Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Postby Mr.Tibbs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 pm | #13

Roll up! Roll up! Come and see the Gracie Money Making Machine!  :o:
Damn there goes my Karma !
Mr.Tibbs None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 am | #14

Mr.Tibbs wrote:Roll up! Roll up! Come and see the Gracie Money Making Machine!  :o:

Aw poor diddums... can't baby charge the same for his seminars? I wonder why :baby:
George Bernard Shaw

Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Postby Genghis » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 am | #15

Nazareth wrote:I'll be in the UK from May 27th and would really like to make this - sadly I haven't a clue how to send you £30 from India :(

Dammit, I speak Portuguese and everything!

Paypal?

I can see why people want to go, but I'm guessing it'll be packed, and £60 for 90 minutes, combined with a presumably very full dojo, is expensive.  Just a suggestion - presumably Mr Gracie is heading off at 3; if I were organising this, I think I'd give everybody the chance to get back on the mat again at 3 for a few more hours with some guidance so that they can together all work through what they've just learned.  In my opinion, that would make it much more of a worthwhile experience.

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Courses & Events

Signup