Charity Martial Arts Seminar

Sep 17th an evening with Scott Mills

Announcements and reviews of the latest courses within the world of Jiu Jitsu.

Moderator: Moderators

Charity Martial Arts Seminar

Postby pressurepoint » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm | #1

Scott Mills will be presenting a two hour workshop from his sound but varied martial arts background (If the name is familiar he is Kevin Mills son)

The seminar is Saturday 17th September 7pm - 9pm. The cost is £15 and all proceeds from the seminar are being donated to the Mills family trek to

From his base art of American Kenpo. Scott has developed his own passion for Mixed Martial Arts and has trained at the famous Tap Out Centre in Las Vegas, the premier fight training centre in the United States. He has trained with Keebo Robinson the Jiu-Jitsu coach for Team Tompkins, and Scott has trained with Master Sken in Muay Thai. Today whilst maintaining his base art of American Kenpo, he continues to cross train, which makes him a phenomenal, all round martial artist.

Every Penny From This Seminar Is Being Donated To The Mills Family Trek to Machu Picchu in aid of the British Heart Foundation
( https://www.facebook.com/groups/Millsfamilytrek/ )

For more information please see our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=259146704113410

Let me know if you plan on coming

(It is the day before our seminar with Joe carslake Hanshi so will be an amazing weekend)
Paul King - KSOMA Kings School of Martial Arts Peterborough - Kempo Jujitsu, Dacayana Eskrima & Tai Chi

The Sacred Springs Fellowship of Martial Arts
CO-FOUNDER British Kempo Society
pressurepoint None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Charity Martial Arts Seminar

Postby captaintau » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:20 pm | #2

Looking in my diary, it would appear that I have the day off! I may just have to attend.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pressurepoint » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm | #3

What else would days off be for? more info at http://www.ksoma.co.uk/mmascott.html
Paul King - KSOMA Kings School of Martial Arts Peterborough - Kempo Jujitsu, Dacayana Eskrima & Tai Chi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Goober » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 pm | #4

pressurepoint wrote:Scott Mills will be presenting a two hour workshop from his sound but varied martial arts background (If the name is familiar he is Kevin Mills son)

the annoying Radio one DJ?
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pressurepoint » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:03 pm | #5

Give us some credit for taste

But come to the seminar and you can ask him yourself if he is that annoying guy

Postby pressurepoint » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 pm | #6

So any one from PJ coming?

Postby captaintau » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 pm | #7

pp, I was all up for it until I realised it was only 2 hours. It's 5 hours worth of driving for that. These days, with much regret, I struggle to justify that time or cost. I won't be there this time, but do the same for a day and I will be be.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pressurepoint » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 pm | #8

A day woukd be a bit much as we have Joe Carslake for the whole day on the Sunday and Saturdays classes dont finish until 6:15pm so some of our students will have just finished 3 hours training then have Scott for 2 hours and Joe Carslake for all day Sunday so much aches and pain I think.

To be fair, this was not a planned seminar, Scott told me he was coming to Joe Carslake and I suggested in that way that I do that we could host a mini seminar to raise money for his cause if he arrived a day early so the deal was done.

Postby pressurepoint » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am | #9

Well it was fantastic, you all missed a great session and we raised £220 for the British Heart Foundation

Postby Hirsty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm | #10

Well done - money and bruising for a good cause!
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Courses & Events

Signup