Charity Seminar

29 June 2013

Announcements and reviews of the latest courses within the world of Jiu Jitsu.

Moderator: Moderators

Charity Seminar

Postby Aegis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm | #1

(I ran this past jitsufreak a while back, so please don't shoot me for advertising!)

For anyone who isn't aware, my website is putting on a charity seminar again this year.  The idea of these is that people show up, get four hours of training, have a couple of drinks together and exchange ideas, phone numbers and/or bodily fluids (the last is options, I hasten to add).  The best thing about this day is that once the hall hire costs are met, all profits go to charity, specifically to the British Heart Foundation and the National Kidney Patients Association - two very worthwhile causes.

If anyone would like to attend or just find out more, the website is www.mapmeet.co.uk - we have a "Like" button at the bottom, so even if you can't make it, we'd love you to spread the word about it to anyone who might be interested.

Let me know if you have any questions - I know you guys have been behind a number of seminars in the past, so thought this might be appreciated as a not-for-profit opportunity to go and try some fantastic classes.

Cheers
Aegis Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Charity Seminar

Postby captaintau » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm | #2

If I have the day off I may well attend. Thanks for posting this. Interesting instructor line-up. I know John Titchen through Iain Abernethy although we've never met in person. Terry Valler is an acquaintance of mine. Indeed I've refereed two or three MMA matches that he's fought in and I've also taught him Aikido. What's the connection there?
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Genghis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:33 pm | #3

My dojo is just about in walking distance of that.  I'll do my best to make it, and will circulate details to our club.

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aegis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm | #4

captaintau wrote:If I have the day off I may well attend. Thanks for posting this. Interesting instructor line-up. I know John Titchen through Iain Abernethy although we've never met in person. Terry Valler is an acquaintance of mine. Indeed I've refereed two or three MMA matches that he's fought in and I've also taught him Aikido. What's the connection there?

I don't know of any connection other than both of them posting on the same forum.  They've both also taught at precious incarnations of this event.
Aegis Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Courses & Events

Signup