KIXA

There is life beyond Jiu Jitsu, we just don't like to talk about it too much

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nazareth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 pm | #46

bombchucka wrote:Terry Pratchett wrote "When his hands are higher than your head, his groin is level with your teeth."
Yeah, but I didn't really fancy him :P
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kempo-kid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm | #47

Your all welcome I have the same stand at the river festival that i've always had the more the merrier :)

KK :twisted:
kempo-kid None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bombchucka » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 pm | #48

;)

Ok, serious answer: Was recently shown a variation of uchimata suitable for a small person - you take kuzushi with a lapel grip and enter with a very deep and low entry, ie.foot between the attackers feet, if not slightly deeper, and with a bent leg; you power upwards with your right thigh into uki's right inner thigh whilst drawing forwards; and go straight into a forwards roll, taking uki with and over you.
Now read the following colours out loud:
Green, Red, Blue
bombchucka None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pocahontas » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 pm | #49

Goshin Ju-Jitsu Spain wrote:The problem is that the majority of people at the lower levels seem to be ignorant of how the whole size doesnt matter thing actually works.  The point isn't that you can use all jujitsu techniques on everybody no matter how big or small they are.

Its that with study of jujitsu you should be armed with a range of  techniques which will work on different types of attack, and different types of body, and that you will have the ability to sellect the appropriate one to deal with the attack you are presented with.

Indeed. But in real life, while i like the idea of my tiny weeny little female friend being able to shock the attacker by not being as easy a target as they imagined - I'd still want the big, strong male friend on my side so when something wasn't quite perfect with the technique, brute strength could be used.
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
DIET AND EXERCISE BLOG: http://nopain-nojane.blogspot.com/
Pocahontas None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm | #50

bombchucka wrote:;)

Ok, serious answer: Was recently shown a variation of uchimata suitable for a small person - you take kuzushi with a lapel grip and enter with a very deep and low entry, ie.foot between the attackers feet, if not slightly deeper, and with a bent leg; you power upwards with your right thigh into uki's right inner thigh whilst drawing forwards; and go straight into a forwards roll, taking uki with and over you.
If it were in a fighting arena I guess I'd try uppercuts and a takedown to neutralize the height and reach somewhat. Not sure what I'd do in a real attack against someone that size without getting caught up in a grappling scenario... Longer legs means he can probably run faster than me too!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Postby bombchucka » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:07 am | #51

How about going for a liver punch?
Now read the following colours out loud:
Green, Red, Blue
bombchucka None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Other Martial Arts

Signup