To grade or not to grade... look at those prices

There is life beyond Jiu Jitsu, we just don't like to talk about it too much

Moderator: Moderators

Re: To grade or not to grade... look at those prices

Postby captaintau » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 pm | #16

Splinter wrote:whens the grading CT ?

Soon.

Splinter wrote:if its solely a fitness test then Id say youve made the wrong choice in doing it, purely becaiuse its NOT what your looking for.

I suspect the philosophy is much like TJF's actually; I need to be fit enough to competently see the grading through. Fitness is a technique. To be honest I completely agree. If it were just constant Martial Arts then that wouldn't phase me in the slightest. It's the prospect of quantities of press-ups and like that will form the "warm up". Press ups seem to be bane of my existence. These days I'm limited not so much by ability or dedication to training and my chronic injuries.

Splinter wrote:as for your students youve put the work in and Im sure they know that....they are not going to leacve orr think less of you for not taking it OR for not passing it.

Thanks for that. That does help.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nz_ROB » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:33 am | #17

captaintau wrote:Paid ....My worry now become my fitness. .
Happy to help if I can, CT. I have my own personal trainer now who is putting me on a strict schedule to improve on some of my cardio, flexibility and strength weaknesses. I'm sure she would be happy to discuss a possible solution to improve your fitness .. just ask Matt  :lol:
nz_ROB

Postby aiki-jitsoo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 am | #18

captaintau wrote: My worry now become my fitness. That's for another day and maybe next week I'll start a thread on it. The short version is that I seem to find a very fine line between training and overtraining.

Eat well and find that 'fine line'. Once you have, you can make realistic progression. You don't have to start overloading on cardio or interval training immediately, it's all about finding realistic tartgets or you will end up overtraining.

If you need any help with anything like that i know there are some people here that know their stuff, including me.
aiki-jitsoo Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Other Martial Arts

Signup