Kaze Arashi Ryu

There is life beyond Jiu Jitsu, we just don't like to talk about it too much

Moderator: Moderators

Kaze Arashi Ryu

Postby rne02 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 pm | #1

I am hoping to attend a open session in March run by our local Kaze Arashi Ryu club, so that I can learn a bit more about this style.

Apparently there are only 5 clubs in the UK, and there is very little in the way of information online, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the style?

From what I can gather it is a relatively new stlye, in terms of it's conception, which combines Ju-Jitsu, Kempo & Aikido.
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Kaze Arashi Ryu

Postby Gorbash » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 pm | #2

if this is the same group headed by Henri Villaire, I looked him up about 7 or so years ago and found this
http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread. ... 264&page=6

The reason i looked it up at the time was that someone I know who was in Smrtj were saying they were learning kenjutsu from the Villaire group
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought." - BASHO

Master's degree in International Linguistic Forumology by the University of Nazareth On Webforums.
Gorbash None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm | #3

Thanks  :D  but that appears to be just an arguement about the claims the style makes about it's origins.

I am more inetsrted if anyone has trained or seen the style.

The style was developed in the last 20 years or so, if they want to pretend to be their style was develpoed by Samurai, and people want to argue about it online then let them get on with it as far as I am concerned ;-)
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kunoichi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 pm | #4

rne02 wrote:Thanks  :D  but that appears to be just an arguement about the claims the style makes about it's origins.

I am more inetsrted if anyone has trained or seen the style.

The style was developed in the last 20 years or so, if they want to pretend to be their style was develpoed by Samurai, and people want to argue about it online then let them get on with it as far as I am concerned ;-)

I mostly agree with your sentiments. It's not a great sign though if an organisation is prepared to bullshit about their origins. I'd be expecting to find bullshit in other areas too. Best of luck though.
kunoichi None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Other Martial Arts

Signup