mma fighting

There is life beyond Jiu Jitsu, we just don't like to talk about it too much

Moderator: Moderators

mma fighting

Postby harishna » Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am | #1

How can my girlfriend get into MMA fighting/training? My girlfriend is interested in training in MMA fighting. She is 24 years old and looking for a hobby, and it really seems to interest her. The problem is she doesn't even know where to begin, such as who to talk to, what types of classes to take, etc. We live in San Diego so there is no shortage of MMA gyms, but based on reviewing their websites, none offer clear cut details for beginners. Just looking for a little direction, thanks. . .
harishna None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: mma fighting

Postby BrassMan » Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm | #2

Rock up.
Suck it and see.
Just Do It.
Or e-mail/call and ask if you can sit in on a session.

But you may become an MMA widdower, if she really gets into it.
"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."
BrassMan None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ToffeeApple » Mon May 09, 2011 12:32 pm | #3

You're just going to have to go along to a couple of gyms with your girlfriend and talk to them, try a class or two and find one which has a vibe you can dig.

I can't help the feeling, however, that this is actually a bot, or a person simply making posts on the web in order to semi-legitimately link other websites.
Postmodernism has a lot going for it on the internet.  Â¿Por qué no te callas?
ToffeeApple Male
Citizen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Mon May 09, 2011 7:38 pm | #4

Good call, TA. I've removed harishna's sig just in case.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Other Martial Arts

Signup