Keysi Fighting Method

There is life beyond Jiu Jitsu, we just don't like to talk about it too much

Moderator: Moderators

Keysi Fighting Method

Postby rne02 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm | #1

Had my first experience today of KFM.  Found it very interesting.  Useful for giving yourself at lest half a chance of surviving multiple attackers :-)

Defiantly want to look into it a little more
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Keysi Fighting Method

Postby captaintau » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:55 pm | #2

I'm pretty sure we've had a thread on them before. My experience from meeting one set of instructors and training with another is
- Interesting style, very pragmatic, I don't doubt the effectivenes
- Bunch of arrogant assuming pricks

The second point may not be important to you if what you want is the first point. It put me off.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm | #3

captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 pm | #4

captaintau wrote:I'm pretty sure we've had a thread on them before. My experience from meeting one set of instructors and training with another is
- Interesting style, very pragmatic, I don't doubt the effectivenes
- Bunch of arrogant assuming pricks

The second point may not be important to you if what you want is the first point. It put me off.

I had a chat with the instructor after, seemed pretty down to earth.  They are under the "Defence lab" banner, so maybe different.
If you can't do it with a fag or a shot glass in your other hand, it's not a proper judo hold.
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm | #5

Update, turns out the what they call the Pensador our founder called the Jitsu Mask.

I guess you really can't re-invent the wheel even if you're charging £9 per hour.

Will stick with my Jitsu :)
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Postby Genghis » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:01 am | #6

Can anybody think of any field of human endeavour which doesn't include the occasional arrogant and assuming prick?

G
Wrestle well, skillfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way.  Strike true and hard and rush in - those who understand this will despise the one who defends.  (Sigmund Ringeck, C15)

http://www.buckskempo.org.uk/
Genghis None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Daftbugger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 am | #7

To get high up in any field, you need a strong personality, and that is going to cause clashes at some point.
:noddy:
Daftbugger Female

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 pm | #8

Martial arts in general seems to have an abundance of that personality trait.  Perhaps a reason why there is so many splits/splinter organisations around.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm | #9

Genghis wrote:Can anybody think of any field of human endeavour which doesn't include the occasional arrogant and assuming prick?

G

What did I do?  :?
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Postby Daftbugger » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:04 pm | #10

I think Genghis was refering to Captaintau's post.
:noddy:
Daftbugger Female

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rne02 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm | #11

phew!
rne02 Male
Chief Tea Maker

Return to Other Martial Arts

Signup