Huntingdon Ju Jitsu

Thinking of being silly

New to Jiu Jitsu? Moving house? Leaving uni? Step in here and we'll help you locate a club near you and hopefully some info about it. Or maybe you're starting up a new club and want the whole world to know??

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Huntingdon Ju Jitsu

Postby q974739 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 pm | #16

People. On the off chance that you're reading this - I ended up not training, mostly because the heart condition was escalating.  But after surgery 3 years ago I've been symptom free since.  (Yes, the NHS found I had a heart - but that my problem was that it wasn't cold or dark enough, so they froze it.)  

Anyway, I'm now trying to free up Monday evenings - this isn't a promise that I'll make it, only a warning that I'm trying.  Your question and answer sessions may become more surreal.
q974739 None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 pm | #17

q974739 wrote:People. On the off chance that you're reading this - I ended up not training, mostly because the heart condition was escalating.  But after surgery 3 years ago I've been symptom free since.  (Yes, the NHS found I had a heart - but that my problem was that it wasn't cold or dark enough, so they froze it.)  

Anyway, I'm now trying to free up Monday evenings - this isn't a promise that I'll make it, only a warning that I'm trying.  Your question and answer sessions may become more surreal.

q, I think we met some years ago at pressurepoint's barbeque. I had no idea of your health problems.

Get back on the mat. You'll be glad you did.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 pm | #18

q974739 wrote:People. On the off chance that you're reading this - I ended up not training, mostly because the heart condition was escalating.  But after surgery 3 years ago I've been symptom free since.  (Yes, the NHS found I had a heart - but that my problem was that it wasn't cold or dark enough, so they froze it.)  

q, I think we met some years ago at pressurepoint's barbeque. I had no idea of your health problems.

Get back on the mat. You'll be glad you did.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby q974739 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 pm | #19

Manged to get there on Monday.  Can't make this week, but will probably next.

Yeah - no one knew I had health problems, not even me.  I just thought that everyone had similar issues - exercise is supposed to be hard, right?  Turns out it's really not that bad, if you're not suffering a tachycardia!

Jitsu after 10 years off was weird though - everything you do feels like it goes in a different direction to what you're supposed to be doing.  You'll step into the wrong stance for o goshi - but it'll be right for something.  If you could only think of the name and how it went.
q974739 None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fluffy_the_happy_lobster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 pm | #20

I missed you - wasn't there that week. Hopefully see you Monday! Welcome back to the mat!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

Martial arts, self defence and jiu jitsu in Bedford and Huntingdon - www.jitsu.me
Fluffy_the_happy_lobster None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fluffy_the_happy_lobster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm | #21

I missed you - wasn't there that week. Hopefully see you Monday! Welcome back to the mat!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

Martial arts, self defence and jiu jitsu in Bedford and Huntingdon - www.jitsu.me
Fluffy_the_happy_lobster None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Yellow Pages

Signup