Edinburgh Ju Jitsu

New to Jiu Jitsu? Moving house? Leaving uni? Step in here and we'll help you locate a club near you and hopefully some info about it. Or maybe you're starting up a new club and want the whole world to know??

Moderator: Moderators

Edinburgh Ju Jitsu

Postby Hirsty » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:00 am | #1

It took me ages to find a decent Ju Jitsu club when I moved to Edinburgh but this one is a good club with an excellent teacher.

Senshi Ryu Kempo Ju Jitsu
North Merchiston Club
48 Watson Crescent
Edinburgh
EH11 1EP

info@ju-jutsu.biz

07932 924701

Sensei Ray Sheerin 5th Dan Ju Jitsu, 3rd Dan Judo
"He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Scotland's First Member of the British Kempo Society!
Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:07 am | #2

oh yeah, the website :-

www.senshiryu.com

Hirsty Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:48 am | #3

[quote="Hirsty"][/quote]
I know your currently off around the world but when you get home, you'd be welcome to pop into any of the TJF clubs in Edinburgh

http://www.eu-jitsu.com/

or http://www.jitsufoundation.org
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AndrewA » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:03 am | #4

There are now 4 TJF Clubs in Edinburgh,

Edinburgh University - Sensei Ian Lambert
Meadowbank Sports Center (non student club) - Sensei Justin Matters
Napier University - Sensei Bruce Davies
At a currently undisclosed location a childrens club - Sensei Dave Austin

Also theres

Glasgow Universtiy - Sensei Chris Laud
Calidonian University - Sensei Colin Armstrong
Dundee University - Sensei Rachel Chamberlayne

else where in Scotland.

Go to http://www.tjfscotland.com/ for more details.

Andrew A.
The phrase "Fight fire with fire" should not be applied to non-metaphorical fires.
AndrewA None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hirsty » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:46 pm | #5

Just got news that due to unforseen circumstances Senshi Ryu Kempo will not be on tonight.  Sensei Ray asked me to forward his apologises for any inconvieniences (or however you spell it) caused.  We will be back on Monday so have no fear.

Hirsty Male

Postby Hirsty » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:19 pm | #6

Senshi Ryu will be training in a new dojo from 31/10/05

Firhill High School

8pm to 9:45pm

I'll post a map when I can find one.

All are welcome, please PM me if you have any questions.

Hirsty Male

Re: Edinburgh Ju Jitsu

Postby cmarley » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:23 am | #7

I know this is an old forum but I thought I would mention that North Merchiston Club have a new Jitsu Club who have been here for nearly 2 years.
This is the Edinburgh Napier University Jitsu Club. It is the Shorinji Kan style and so is the traditional art consisting of strikes, joint locks and throws. Beginners are welcome any time and all you need to start is just some loose clothing. You can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/napierjitsuclub or on twitter by searching NapierJitsuClub
If anyone has any questions email me at 10003456@live.napier.ac.uk
cmarley None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Edinburgh Ju Jitsu

Postby Hirsty » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm | #8

Welcome to the forum.  It is a good dojo to train at - double layered matting.

Also please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.  There is a good section for this and we are a friendly bunch.

Hirsty Male

Return to Yellow Pages

Signup