Jujitsu at York Uni'

New to Jiu Jitsu? Moving house? Leaving uni? Step in here and we'll help you locate a club near you and hopefully some info about it. Or maybe you're starting up a new club and want the whole world to know??

Moderator: Moderators

Jujitsu at York Uni'

Postby captaintau » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:10 pm | #1

I have a student intending to read Physics at York University starting this October. He's been told that there's a Jujitsu club there.

Can anyone confirm this? What style? Does anyone have a contact e-mail or telephone number for it?
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm | #2

There's at least a TJF club. Speak to Scruffy!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Clueless » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm | #3

Yep, the York Uni club is TJF and was, last time I visited, run by Mike Lycett. He's an interesting character. :yikes: I think ferrit may also still be an instructor there so it may be worth dropping him a PM.
'You're just a walking contamination event really' - My line manager...
'Evil Temptress' - Hirsty

Eternal :ltblue:
Clueless None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OneDragons » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:20 pm | #4

I think ferrit has/is taking the club over...more or less.
The many within One!

Greek Proverb "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
OneDragons None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:51 pm | #5

Update:

My student unexpectedly graded to Shodan Ho at our Soke seminar in September. He was graded (in SCI) by myself, KK, UKR and Gila in the presence of Soke Brian!

He's now at York Uni' and has been training in TJF under "Pete" who I guess is Ferritt.

He was home for the weekend and so trained with us this morning. After class, he was enthusiastically tlking us through the similarities and differences between SCI and TJF. He's enjoying the training and has also promised to join [ PJ ].
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:54 pm | #6

captaintau wrote:He's now at York Uni' and has been training in TJF under "Pete" who I guess is Ferritt.
:haha:

If anything, shouldn't those quotation marks be the other way round? ;)

Reminds me of a film...

Agent Smith:Goodbye, Mr. Anderson...
Neo: My name... is... Neo! :matrix:
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ferrit » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:23 pm | #7

Well I guess I can confirm that Pete & ferrit are one and the same  :P
Be good or don't get caught
ferrit None specified

Postby Goober » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:25 pm | #8

Although "My.... Name...Is...Ferrit!" doesn't quite have the same impact!
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 am | #9

ferrit wrote:Well I guess I can confirm that Pete & ferrit are one and the same  :P

So, you've been borrowing my Uke, then?  :D
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby ferrit » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm | #10

I have, and he's still in one piece!  I can loan him back for Christmas if you want?  ;-)
Be good or don't get caught
ferrit None specified

Return to Yellow Pages

Signup