Carlisle clubs - again!

New to Jiu Jitsu? Moving house? Leaving uni? Step in here and we'll help you locate a club near you and hopefully some info about it. Or maybe you're starting up a new club and want the whole world to know??

Moderator: Moderators

Carlisle clubs - again!

Postby nry » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:50 pm | #1

LTNS and LTOTM too...

Does anyone on here train in Carlisle?  If so, which club and where?
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Carlisle clubs - again!

Postby Nazareth » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:05 pm | #2

Ye gods, what a blast from the past! :)

Welcome back :welcome:

I've been off the (jitsu) mat for a while now and am currently in sunny Goa...

Is your moniker still valid? ;)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm | #3

Yep, still valid :)

I've been off the mat for a few years again, trained with HRJJ in Newcastle until about 2 years ago, maybe more like 3.  I loved the club, completely got the philosophy and ethics, so now I have to decide if I can live without these and train locally or not train at all.

Most local clubs appear very classical, kata, lack of realism anywhere to be seen.  I think I'm just going to have to go around them all, train a bit, and see how I feel then.
nry Male

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazareth » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 am | #4

Go for (kick)boxing, judo, bjj, mma - any of that in Carlisle?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nry » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm | #5

None of those appeal really, we have TKD, Judo, kickboxing and others around but JuJitsu is my preference.
nry Male

Return to Yellow Pages

Signup