Weekend session

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

Postby Nicko » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:09 pm | #16

Splinter wrote:Nah you see you dont know the whole system.

Officailly each club should get two club visits from a 2dan or above every year.  you should get a senior primary visit every term AND  regional course every term.

You cant count club visits as a regional course.
(Also the charging system from the office is different for a regional as compared to a club visist)

also the cost per head for a club visit should be £5 or £6, but a regional course (which should be 4 or 5 hours) should cost £10

I'm aware of that and officially is all well and good, but im pretty sure i've never seen a visiting SP in Swansea - looks like the term 'regional'  has had its meaning twisted by lack of effort in Wales!
"The subterfuge you recommend to me is characteristic of brigands and thieves…My decision is to attack in broad daylight. I prefer to live to regret my bad luck than to be ashamed of my victory."
Nicko None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:33 pm | #17

Thats cos the system is self destructive.  you have to be higher than SP to be mandated to teach outside your region.  so the SP has to come from within your own region (in theory) but if you have no SP or the SP teaches your club what then ?

Actualy I have done SP visits (when  was one) outside my region, I always took the view that the usual club instructor was the mandated instructor that night and espite running the evening technically he was in charge of the mat.... not sure how that works officially.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:46 pm | #18

As Nicko said - we are well aware of the official rules about courses. Just seems to be very difficult to persuade people to come and teach in Swansea. And we have had regional course actually so there! :P
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:36 am | #19

sorry. didnt mean to sound like I was lecturing (which reading back I definately did).

Im coming from here  ->  most of you will know that TJF just came out of a financial crisis after a couple of years.  
As the money from regionals goes to the office (well now it goes in part to the office and part to the region)   If every region had been holding its 3 regionals (which many were not) we might not have been in so much trouble.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:41 am | #20

Ad the only SP in Wales, in fact as far as I know, the only Dan in Wales other then Hywel of the tunic I suppose I should be going to Swansea once a term.

But apart from my particular recent issues it does seem a little stupid for me to come down and teach Hwyels once a term when I'm quite sure they'd rather have him  :o:

Up until quite recently we only had a maximim of around six people training, it hardly seemed worth draggin as 2nd Dan and a 3rd down once a term, and we certainly couldn't afford it.

Splinter, depending on size of venue you'd be welcome to bring some English <small>fodder<</small> students across. Oh and I think in my head I'm thinking more of a Welsh Nationals !!  :lol:

squeeky At the moment I just wanted to make sure there was some interest, I'll be contacting the instructors I have in mind and see if I can find a convenient date. I'd like it to be in this term but I'm dependent on instructors. Venues shouldn't be an issue but I can't guarantee a Sunday slot as I haven't investigated yet.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Postby Nicko » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 am | #21

Robw wrote:Ad the only SP in Wales, in fact as far as I know, the only Dan in Wales other then Hywel of the tunic I suppose I should be going to Swansea once a term.

But apart from my particular recent issues it does seem a little stupid for me to come down and teach Hwyels once a term when I'm quite sure they'd rather have him  :o:

We'd love to have you down Bob, there's nothing like a change of perspective/teaching style to kick start the old epiphany tank! Oh, and for gods sake don't call Hywel that otherwise we'll all have to. Hywel Hitman Morrish is already bad enough....

Robw wrote:Splinter, depending on size of venue you'd be welcome to bring some English <small>fodder<</small> students across. Oh and I think in my head I'm thinking more of a Welsh Nationals !!  :lol:

Sweet   :lol:  :lol:
"The subterfuge you recommend to me is characteristic of brigands and thieves…My decision is to attack in broad daylight. I prefer to live to regret my bad luck than to be ashamed of my victory."
Nicko None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:37 am | #22

Oh and I think in my head I'm thinking more of a Welsh Nationals !!

:lol: much better sounding that a regional
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Postby Splinter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:30 pm | #23

I fully intened to ask permission to crashthe evnt once you had a date.

As some-one who was the only SP in his region, and then had all those ickle shodan catch up and pass him, I still had to do SP visits to each club (whether now taught by a 2Dan or 3Dan).  It was no longer a case of the SP checking up on acting primary / primary instructors, but more a case of a new face to introduce the club to the concept of regular visiting instructors.
PLUS, and this is important, mat fees from SP visits go completely to the region, so it helps keep the coffers full to allow us to hire bigger venues for events / pay travelling instructor expenses and subsidise new club affiliations etc. etc
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby Squeaky » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:29 pm | #24

Robw wrote:Ad the only SP in Wales, in fact as far as I know, the only Dan in Wales other then Hywel of the tunic I suppose I should be going to Swansea once a term.

Up until quite recently we only had a maximim of around six people training, it hardly seemed worth draggin as 2nd Dan and a 3rd down once a term, and we certainly couldn't afford it.

Splinter, depending on size of venue you'd be welcome to bring some English <small>fodder<</small> students across. Oh and I think in my head I'm thinking more of a Welsh Nationals !!  :lol:

squeeky At the moment I just wanted to make sure there was some interest, I'll be contacting the instructors I have in mind and see if I can find a convenient date. I'd like it to be in this term but I'm dependent on instructors. Venues shouldn't be an issue but I can't guarantee a Sunday slot as I haven't investigated yet.

As Nicko said, we'd def love to have you to visit! Being out in the sticks in Swansea, we tend to get forgotten sometimes and I know it is a long trek for instructors to come visit us.

It's always good to have new faces. And I think it would def benefit the newer members of the club (eps those who didn't go to the Nats) so they realise it is  a big organisation and not just our club!

And Welsh Nationals - I like the sound of that! :D
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dark_recess » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:07 pm | #25

it sounds fun, i'll come if you give me enough warning to book time off work...
'And i remember that like all these blossoms... we are dieing'
dark_recess None specified

Postby Dark_Vamp » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:48 am | #26

I'll defiantly be up for it, as it sounds really good :)
Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that p**sy went to the hospital first.
Dark_Vamp None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:44 am | #27

Well there is already a Scottish Nationals, lets get devolution really moving and hold a Welsh one as well.  Im up for it and happy to teach shiatsu as asked (or maybe even some Jitsu)
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby fat_tony » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 am | #28

excellent, i've always wanted to learn some more shiatsu after the little taster you gave us at the first aid course
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Postby Squeaky » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:01 pm | #29

Splinter wrote:Well there is already a Scottish Nationals, lets get devolution really moving and hold a Welsh one as well.  Im up for it and happy to teach shiatsu as asked (or maybe even some Jitsu)

We have been talking about this in Swansea for a while now, although admittedly it was more of a joke. We didn't think many people would bother coming all the way to Wales to see us! :P

Would be good to have a big event here - then maybe people won't forget about us so much!

Splinter - would love to learn some Shiatsu. Maybe you could come to Swansea some time and do a course? :flirt: Maybe over the summer when everyone is less busy? :flirt:
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Postby Goober » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:37 pm | #30

Wales is as easy if not easier than scotland to get to for me. I'd be up for a welsh nationals.
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup