Weekend session

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

Postby Splinter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 pm | #31

Squeaky wrote:
Splinter wrote:Well there is already a Scottish Nationals, lets get devolution really moving and hold a Welsh one as well.  Im up for it and happy to teach shiatsu as asked (or maybe even some Jitsu)

We have been talking about this in Swansea for a while now, although admittedly it was more of a joke. We didn't think many people would bother coming all the way to Wales to see us! :P

Would be good to have a big event here - then maybe people won't forget about us so much!

Splinter - would love to learn some Shiatsu. Maybe you could come to Swansea some time and do a course? :flirt: Maybe over the summer when everyone is less busy? :flirt:

There were almost 80 people at Plymouth for the NNK and thats the end of the earth, its not even on a motorway !!!so get some good event ideas and people will come.

Beware of running it in the summer though as most students go home and are not around to hear about the course.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:30 pm | #32

:w00t: Looks like if we have a serious discussion then and sort some events, we could actually get something organised!

When I have a bit more time and stuff (in the near future) I will def get my skates on and look into this. I would be more than happy to arrange/organise stuff (I do love organising things! :) ). :nana:
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:04 pm | #33

Well it certainly seems like there's enough initial interest for me to proceed to stage two which is approaching some of the Sensei and trying to pin down at least a couple of dates.

Realistically to give people enough notice and also to allow proper costing etc, I think we're looking at some time in June, preferably early part.

Squeeky Drop me a PM and we'll see if we can split the work up a bit.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Weekend session

Postby bigjocky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 am | #34

This sounds like an absolutely fantastic idea, i will be there with bells on, cant wait. Will give the opportunity to go over some sound technique and maybe dabble with some fun stuff. :twisted:
bigjocky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kid Dangerous » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:51 am | #35

Yeah sounds like a good idea, unfortunately i work on saturdays so i would need plenty of notice to book the day off  :?
Kid Dangerous None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Goober » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:41 pm | #36

Is it just me or are there suddenly hordes of welsh people appearing on [pj]...
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dark_Vamp » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:54 pm | #37

Goober wrote:Is it just me or are there suddenly hordes of welsh people appearing on [pj]...

I know its wicked :D
Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that p**sy went to the hospital first.
Dark_Vamp None specified

Postby jitsukerr » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 am | #38

Goober wrote:Is it just me or are there suddenly hordes of welsh people appearing on [pj]...

*Warning: gratuitous Welsh stereotyping ahead*

Don't you mean: "Is is just me, or are there suddenly hordes of Welsh people appearing on [pj], isn' it?"

*Wonders* If a Welsh person sees a llama, do they spit back?

Rob
The typical English reaction to any change is to be negative. Then it is to accept it, then cheer about it, then claim you invented it.
-- Mike Carlson
jitsukerr Male
King of High House Declamation

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Goober » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:46 pm | #39

[quote="jitsukerr"][/quote]

why do i not understand any of that post?
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Random Guy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:19 pm | #40

Goober wrote:
jitsukerr wrote:

why do i not understand any of that post?

Now look you, it's not your fault you can't speak welsh, see?
With great power comes great temptation...
Random Guy None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 pm | #41

aahhh, the secret art of speaking wlesh, it's great it is :lol:
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Postby Squeaky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 pm | #42

jitsukerr wrote:
*Wonders* If a Welsh person sees a llama, do they spit back?

Rob

Well I saw one on one of my walks a couple of weeks ago and no I did not spit back at it!

But all I can say is
"so who's coat is that jacket then?"
Boyo :D
Squeaky None specified

Postby Splinter » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:22 am | #43

Didnt know you were Welsh Goobs

Well I saw one on one of my walks a couple of weeks ago and no I did not spit back at it!  

But i thought you were a Gloucester Lass ?
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby Nicko » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:41 am | #44

Splinter wrote:

Yeah, that's why she killed it and dragged it back home so the family could eat it's flesh and make clothes out of its fur.
"The subterfuge you recommend to me is characteristic of brigands and thieves…My decision is to attack in broad daylight. I prefer to live to regret my bad luck than to be ashamed of my victory."
Nicko None specified

Postby Squeaky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:47 pm | #45

Nicko wrote:
Splinter wrote:

Yeah, that's why she killed it and dragged it back home so the family could eat it's flesh and make clothes out of its fur.

I am a Gloucester lass but I'm half Welsh (on my dad's side) and now live in Wales pretty much permanently. So  :P

And Nick - seeing as I live with you, does that mean you are now wearing genuine llama fur?! :lol:
Squeaky None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup