Welsh Nationals??

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

Welsh Nationals??

Postby Robw » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:30 am | #1

I thought I'd start a new thread to keep people up to date on the progress on this and also to manage expectations as to what my current plan is.

The Proposal

Wales as a region has 2 clubs - and I'm guessing if everyone turned up we'd struggle to hit 60 students and instructors.

Partly for that reason and partly for financial and practicality reasons I'm proposing a one day event in Cardiff, with some sort of social afterwards.

Clearly clubs from outside of Wales are welcome but it's likely that places will be limited.

The event will have a specific theme which will be announced once I've confirmed the Instructors and spoken to them.

Progress to date

Considering the interest shown here and feedback from other people I'm seriously looking at this happening.

I've contacted my preferred venue regarding costs, availability and resouces and I'm waiting for a response.

I've confirmed my lead Instructor a Third Dan that I personally rate as one of the best teachers I trained with. I won't be announcing names however until I've got everything finalised.

N.B. I haven't as of yet spoken to the Foundation regarding this as of yet so this is no way an OFFICIAL event at this time. 25/04/06

Please feel free to post here, PM me or mail me at robwallis@hotmail.com if you have any comments or questions.
Last edited by Robw on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bigjocky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:46 am | #2

Mate sounds great, anything i can do to help let me know. :D
Always make an excuse to train rather than have an excuse not to train!!!
bigjocky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:54 am | #3

same here, if you need a hand jsut let me know
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nicko » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:32 am | #4

I think it's a fantastic idea - with regards to numbers i think you're quite right - i doubt our two clubs have 60 people between them, in fact im sure they don't. Shouldn't be a problem though, an event of this size is bound to draw people from around the country - hopefully too many people will want to come and the first Welsh Nationals will go down in history!!  :w00t:

If you need a hand with anything then just drop me a pm and i'll do everything i can :-)

Nick.
"The subterfuge you recommend to me is characteristic of brigands and thieves…My decision is to attack in broad daylight. I prefer to live to regret my bad luck than to be ashamed of my victory."
Nicko None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:58 am | #5

:w00t: This sounds great! From what Splinter said I'm sure people from the South West (Bristol Bath) region would like to come along too. IF there is too much interest in this event than maybe we could look at holding a bigger 2 day event in the future?

I definately think we need to do more to get Wales on the map TJF wise.

As I said before in the other thread, I am more than willing to do as much as I can to help organise anything. Just let me know - PM, email etc.

:glo:  :clap: Starts getting excited.....
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:52 pm | #6

Robw your a member of the TJF if your organise this event it becomes an official event.

You only need tell them to ensure insurance cover (as its not a regular session)  and get publicity.  Dont ask - Do !

Any help I can give - just ask.

It would help everyone though if you could indicate an intended month if not specific date.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:56 pm | #7

Splinter

Sorry I thought I had. I'm planning it for the early part of June, still trying to pin down people but the 2nd or 3rd weekend on the Saturday is looking most likely so far. Hopefully the student students will be around still.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Postby fat_tony » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:01 pm | #8

the gradings are around teh first or second weekend in june, there's nothing on the tjf site yet for wales but there might be a chance of a clash.
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Postby Robw » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:57 pm | #9

Ok then - until I hear a compelling reason otherwise, the 1st Welsh Nationals will be held on Saturday 24th June 2006.

Jitsu Cymraeg am byth !!
Hwyl

Rob W

Robw None specified

Postby Goober » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:06 pm | #10

Excellent, all things being equal i'm free that weekend. I like wales and i love jitsu. Its all good :D
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Postby Moony » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 pm | #11

Hmmm......i think i might be busy that weekend.  Pity, sounds like it might be a riot!

Moony
WWFSMD?
And on the Eigth day God made Vin Diesel....and ran the f**k away from what he had done.
Moony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Goober » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:29 pm | #12

Moony wrote:Hmmm......i think i might be busy that weekend.  Pity, sounds like it might be a riot!

Moony

Are you training with the foundation now then?
Define irony -
People paying hundreds of pounds a year to get punched in the face, shouted at, thrown to the floor and have their joints locked up, in order to learn how to not get mugged.
Goober None specified

Postby Moony » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:32 pm | #13

I have been on and off since since i passed my driving test and got mobile.  Trouble is there's no TJF club in easy traveling distance from here and i've not been able to join Clueless on her jollies to Manchester.

Moony
WWFSMD?
And on the Eigth day God made Vin Diesel....and ran the f**k away from what he had done.
Moony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:09 pm | #14

Hmm.... I have a feeling that I will not be free that weekend. :? Think that it one of my expedition dates for my D of E kids. Bummer. Will have to check for definate when I get home later. :cry:
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Random Guy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm | #15

Sounds awesome, you can count me in - I'm sure Goober and Inky will help me in bullying some of our club along.. :D
With great power comes great temptation...
Random Guy None specified

Next

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup