Monthly Nigh Out

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

Monthly Nigh Out

Postby Dark_Vamp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:20 am | #1

Ok people, I want to suggest a monthly night out for our jitsu club which I thought would be a good idea? What does everyone else think?
Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that p**sy went to the hospital first.
Dark_Vamp None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dark_Vamp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 am | #2

On another note, my plan to get as drunk as possible in the hour and a half I was in metro's worked! dear me. I didn't realise I had started this thread lol. Even with a horrid hangover I still think it's a good idea :)
Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that p**sy went to the hospital first.
Dark_Vamp None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Slinky_skink » Sun May 07, 2006 10:37 pm | #3

I'm up for it  :D I didn't manage to get that drunk in Metros...or at least I didn't feel it and I wasn't hungover the next morning...
Slinky_skink None specified

Postby Slinky_skink » Wed May 17, 2006 10:09 am | #4

So...if this is gonna be monthly...that mean we're doing another night out soonish? I wanna try outdancing Mat   :D :bounce:

Postby Dark_Vamp » Wed May 17, 2006 10:46 am | #5

I do believe the next night out will be after nationals as there will be a social event afterwards :)
Dark_Vamp None specified

Postby fat_tony » Wed May 17, 2006 10:50 am | #6

I also think it's about time we had another social. I got fairly battered last time, i think this time we should have some sort of challenges that have to be performed throughout the evening :twisted:
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Wed May 17, 2006 10:54 am | #7

Here's a wacky idea

Lets have a social on oh I dunno - Saturday June 3rd - we'll hire a room in a pub, everyone can drink and hey we can invite people from Swansea and England and it'll be great.

Lets call it the Welsh Nationals.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Slinky_skink » Wed May 17, 2006 11:23 am | #8

I'll be hungover that day as it is...it's Luke's 18th birthday do the night before...

Which, btw I think everyone was invited to  :D
Last edited by Slinky_skink on Wed May 17, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby fat_tony » Wed May 17, 2006 11:30 am | #9

i know there's the nationals social, i was more thinking of just the UWIC lot socials on another day, sort of get to know our own club members, you can never have too many socials! a good jitsu session is a great cure for a hangover!!

on a side rob, do we have a plan on the nationals social?
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dark_Vamp » Wed May 17, 2006 11:34 am | #10

Well the day before the nationals I have another wedding to go to, I'm gonna try not to drink too much. As I went to a wedding last week and got rather drunk and on the way home I decided to take a short cut and ended up falling in a thorn/bramble bush.
I spent all of wednesday picking thorn things out of my injured hands  :oops:
Dark_Vamp None specified

Postby Slinky_skink » Wed May 17, 2006 11:48 am | #11

Hehe, bramble bushes are like magnets to the drunk. I remember diving into one in the middle of a Sainsburies car park, and getting stuck right in the middle (I'm kinda small and this bush was huge!)...was shortly after racing trolleys if I remember right  :lol:

And Tony's right...our UWIC socials are fun :D
Dunno about the hangover cure though, I almost passed out at the Sunday training at the nationals in March following the Saturday's drinking... :oops:

Postby fat_tony » Wed May 17, 2006 12:06 pm | #12

the almost passing out on the mat is what makes if fun :lol:

or is it the almost throwing up due to the endless rolling ........ can't quite remember!
fat_tony None specified

Postby Slinky_skink » Wed May 17, 2006 12:19 pm | #13

maybe...got a bit scary when I started losing track of what end of the room I was at though (also: who I was training with, what we were doing, who I was, what way up I was...) *mimes disorientation*

Postby Dark_Vamp » Wed May 17, 2006 6:19 pm | #14

How about then the next UWIC Night Out on the 30/06/06 gives light weights like me the chance to have a few weeks to recover from the social after the nationals. :)
Dark_Vamp None specified

Postby Slinky_skink » Wed May 17, 2006 6:28 pm | #15

That's the night of my school's 6th form leaver's do...so myself, Luke, Luke and possibly Dan wouldn't be able to make it :cry:

Eduardo goes to another school so I'm not 100% sure...but I think he said somthing about it being in the same hotel on the same night! (we were planning on him sneaking into ours or vice versa).

Next

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup