First Aid Course Venue

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

First Aid Course Venue

Postby Squeaky » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:24 pm | #1

Hi everyone!

We will be holding a first aid course in Cardiff in November (hope you all attend!). Only trouble is, we are still looking for a venue! It's going to be on Saturday November 25th.

Here are the requirements:
We will need 4 hours, bit longer wouldn't hurt if possible. The room needs to have seats as there is talking, but space (possibly by moving seats) for people to practise Recovery position etc. We will also neeed a wall / screen to run a power point presentation.

If any of you know of anywhere that would be suitable can you please post here, PM me or email me vkidgell@gmail.com that would be much appreciated! Also if you could get a phone number too and approx price that would be extra good! :)

A beer and a big smooch is up for grabs for whoever helps me! :flirt:

I don't know Cardiff at all, so any help really is much appreciated! Thank you!
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:31 pm | #2

there's loads of place where we could hold it, could see if UWIC has a space class room or something along those lines. i'll have a word with the other and see if they have any ideas.

who's going to be running the course?
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:28 am | #3

8)
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:58 am | #4

Splinter wrote:8)

Think that answers your question Tony! Please let us know if you come up with any ideas! Cheers!
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:28 pm | #5

i think that does answer my question :)

i'll keep you informed if we find anything, haven't had a chance to talk to the others.
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:31 pm | #6

Actually I wrote         8)  but PJ seemed to have ignored that.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:00 am | #7

i don't know if this is too late but the QED centre on treforest industrial estate should suit you needs perfectly. it is just north of Cardiff and has easy access and plenty of parking.(and a pub next door) They have digital projectors and screens available too.
i don't know how much they charge for room hire tho.

you can contact them on 01443 845512 for more information.
Nick None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby captaintau » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:09 pm | #8

Hire out an indoor court at the Heath Park Sports and Social Club. I Vaguely recall their prices being quite reasonable
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Splinter » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:09 pm | #9

Ideally what we need is a lecture hall or class room on uni grouns so that the club couldbook it and pay minimal / zero charge.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby captaintau » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:19 pm | #10

The Sports and Social club is discounted to students. That's why I thought of it.
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby Splinter » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 am | #11

sounds good to me.  as long as break even thats all that really matters
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby Sebby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:20 pm | #12

That reminds me....I've been meaning to ask how often we need to go on a first aid course?
No more sheep, no more rain (yeah right!)
Remember, PANTS then TROUSERS, SLAP then THROW...
Sebby None specified

Postby captaintau » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:26 pm | #13

Sebby wrote:That reminds me....I've been meaning to ask how often we need to go on a first aid course?

Virtually all 1st aid certificates last three years. Be aware, though that the ratio and sequence for CPR changed radically this year
captaintau Male
Genre Definer

Postby Splinter » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:14 am | #14

TJF dont have an official requal date since were not recognised teachers (unlike St johns etc)  although we do recommened every 3 years.
NB if you have a valid first aid cert you dont have to attend a TJF course.

All the new protocols (inc CPR sequence etc) should be included in the TJF courses taught from Sept. if everything goes to plan that is.

We will therefore be encouraging everyone to re-attend a course this year.
Sensei Spooky
Splinter None specified

Postby Nazareth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:06 am | #15

How exactly does this work then?

If you're TJF (not St John Ambo) trained in 1st aid and something nasty happens to the poor sod you're treating while waiting for the ambulances to come, would you be legally liable?

Sounds very very dodgy...
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein
Nazareth Male
Tumbleweed

Next

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup