Moving forward

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

Postby Dark_Vamp » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:25 am | #16

I could be persuaded :D
Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that p**sy went to the hospital first.
Dark_Vamp None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 am | #17

Can I just clarify for people  that this is YOUR chance to influence the developement of Jitsu in Cardiff and Newport over the next couple of years.

This is important people so please make the effort to attend and to ensure that other people will attend.

On a positive note Sophia Gardens have agreed to only invoice me for half the quoted cost for the hire of the hall which means there is some money towards development of new clubs within Wales.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Big Announcement

Postby Robw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:39 pm | #18

OK EVERY BODY HERE IS THE NEWS

After yesterday's meeting, which was well attended and positive the following decisions have been taken.

1) UWIC Jiu Jitsu club no longer exists in any form. I will be writing to UWIC to express my disgust at how we were treated but we will not be booking paid for space at a poor venue with lousy training times.

2) A new Jitsu Club - Cardiff Jitsu Club will be formed.

Training times : 6 - 8 Tuesday evenings

Location          : Sophia Gardens

Dates              : Tuesday 5th September to Tuesday 23th of December

Costs               : First session - mat fee of £4

: Subsequent sessions - £5 club annual club membership +
                        2 payment options - pay weekly £4
                                                      Pay by term, £3 per session
+

TJF licence fee / renewal

N.B. If not enough people pay for the term in advance we may not have enough money to get the VAT discount by paying in advance.

If anybody has any questions or comments feel free to post them here, or to PM me or e-mail me direct at robwallis@hotmail.com

Thankyou to everyone who were able to attend yesterday.

Further developments such as a kids club or Newport Uni club will be advised shortly.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sebby » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:55 pm | #19

RIP UWIC  :crying:
No more sheep, no more rain (yeah right!)
Remember, PANTS then TROUSERS, SLAP then THROW...
Sebby None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nicko » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:05 pm | #20

Sorry to hear about this Rob, best of luck forming the new club, if there's anything i can do then just let me know :)
"The subterfuge you recommend to me is characteristic of brigands and thieves…My decision is to attack in broad daylight. I prefer to live to regret my bad luck than to be ashamed of my victory."
Nicko None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:42 pm | #21

It is a shame it have to end up liek this for UWIC, especially as rob and others has put so much effort into the club. this way however it means we have control over everything, the dojo is far nicer and is in a much better location(I.e. we can now have a pub crawl all the way from the dojo to the center :D ).

thanks to rob and the other instructors for their effort over the eyars

roll of Cardiff Town
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeaky » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am | #22

Sorry to hear about the end of UWIC Jitsu club. Sounds like you did all you could to keep it open. Here's hoping that the new Cardiff Jitsu Club will be bigger and better and will do incredibly well!  :)
Visit my RedBubble gallery
Squeaky None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kid Dangerous » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:51 pm | #23

Aye it is a shame what happened, but if Sophia Gardens is a better venue then maybe it was for the best. If we chose to pay each term in advance how much would that be (ie how many sessions per term)? And any ideas if a twice weekly place would be open in the future? :D
Kid Dangerous None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fat_tony » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:07 pm | #24

Kid Dangerous wrote:Aye it is a shame what happened, but if Sophia Gardens is a better venue then maybe it was for the best. If we chose to pay each term in advance how much would that be (ie how many sessions per term)? And any ideas if a twice weekly place would be open in the future? :D

i can't remember how much per term, it's around £50(but don't quote me on that!) but it works out to be £3 per session instead of £4 per session without the pay in advance. as far as i know the only way we can afford to run two sessions a week is if we recruit and keep a lot more jitsuka who train regularly ontop of the current regular attenders. anyway we need to recruit and keep more students if we want to stay afloat with just one session a week! so get thinking and get some of your mates to come along!
You are an engineer if: you're next in line on death row in a french prison when you find the guillotine isn't working, you offer to fix it.
fat_tony None specified

Money Money Money

Postby Robw » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:46 pm | #25

ok here are the realities of being a town club.

If you pay for a venue and facilities in advance you don't have to pay VAT which represents a signicant saving.

As a brand new town club we don't have a lot of cash just lying about.

Therefore we need to raise the money for the first term booking up front.

Also as we are paying for every session we need a level of comittment from students to match the financial and time investment of the Instructors. (All of the Instructors have agreed to pay mat fees for the forseeable future)

So for these reasons, the following fincial decisions were agreed at the meeting a few weeks ago.

Cardiff Jitsu Caerdydd

Member costs

An anual club membership fee of £5
A TJF membership of £20

and mat fees of either

15 sessions paid for in advance at £3 a session = £45

or

A weekly fee of £4 per session.

Basically if you can afford it and you think you're going to make the 75% of sessions required to grade then it makes sense to pay in advance. If you can't afford it or if aren't sure how many sessions you'll make then it makes sense to pay as you go.

Enough people have already comitted to paying advance to allow me to book the first term of sessions but we need to raise enough money to pay in advance for term two by Xmas.

Also we need to take advantage of our new Town Status to build the club from the population of Cardiff... so watch this space.

It would be very very helpful if anyone who is planning on training at the new club in September could drop me an e-mail at robwallis@hotmail.com to confirm and also let me know which of the payment options they'll be using.
Hwyl

Rob W

Robw None specified

Re: Money Money Money

Postby Kermit » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:56 pm | #26

You could try for a grant from the foundation.
Guildford Town have put in an application for one
Business case of marketing, advertising etc...
If you can tell a wise man by the colour of his skin, then mister you're a better man than I.
S. Tyler
Aerosmith

Practice makes permanent
Kermit None specified

Postby dark_recess » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:39 pm | #27

i'll be paying you in advance, if nthing else i know it'll help the club.

what we really need is to make sure everyone is committed to making every session to keep the club afloat i guess.
'And i remember that like all these blossoms... we are dieing'
dark_recess None specified

Previous

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup