two training sessions a week?

Somewhere for welsh jitsuka to chat and plan events

two training sessions a week?

Postby dark_recess » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:43 pm | #1

i was thinkin, wouldnt a second session a week be awesome?

is anyone else interested in that? would there be enough interest to make it cost effective even?

discuss~
'And i remember that like all these blossoms... we are dieing'
dark_recess None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robw » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm | #2

We did discuss this briefly in the pub after last Tuesdays session (good session by the way guys).

It seems to me that there are a few questions to be asked.

1) We need to establish that there is sufficient teaching resource to support an additional session i.e. are the current Instructors able to commit to teaching an extra night a week. (we do have lives you know!)

2) Would people like another weeknight session or a weekend one ?

3) Is the preference for another session at Sophia Gardens or at another location ? And is the chosen combination of day and location available?

4) Are there enough people to justify the commitment from the Instructors and the cost ?

My personal preference would be to do a Sunday morning session at Sophia Gardens. My suggestion is that we start by running a Sunday session once a month and see how popular it is (the number of people who turn up at a session is rarely equal to or greater than the number of people who said they definitely would! .

I haven't checked on availability yet either so it may not even be possible.

Whilst I'm here, other things to think about over Xmas are, updating the Dragon logo, New club tops, managing the inflow of novices, and setting up a proper committee.

I'll be sending a new "newsletter" around over Xmas. If you're not sure that I have your e-mail address please send it to me at robwallis@hotmail.com.
Hwyl

Rob W

"Put it this way, there's no such thing as a good tumour but if there was, yours wouldn't be it" - Sensitive face of NHS
Robw None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dark_recess » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:11 pm | #3

"jitsu~ putting the harm back in harmony"
i really like for a tshirt [dan was telling me about it]

and i cant do weekend sessions, i dont know about anyone else but i'd prefer to have another weekday.
maybe a thursday? as we used to have monday tuesday, wednesday thursday sounds good...
sophia gardens sounds good too, we got a pretty nice dojo there, if we dont have to move, well if its not broke..
'And i remember that like all these blossoms... we are dieing'
dark_recess None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Slinky_skink » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:38 am | #4

I'm up for more sessions  :D Not sure about getting up on a Sunday morning though...hehe.

Also, for t-shirts...how about 'Jitsukers Do It In Embu'  :lol:
"I'm probably the most dangerous man in the world if I wanna be. But I never wanted to be anything but me." - Charles Manson.
Slinky_skink None specified

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Welsh Jitsu

Signup